Take Off

I spent all day packing. I didn't know for how long we would be gone, depending on how far we could make it in the tournament, so I had stuffed a lot of things in my suitcase. Since I would be gone playing football, Charlie needed a babysitter. I had talked to Cench and he was more than happy to look after him. Jack, Phil and Bukayo were supposed to pick me up at 6.30 PM, so we had time to drop off Charlie before heading to S.t George's Park. I gathered my things along with Charlie's and put them in the hallway. I turned off the lights in the house and went through every room to see if I had forgotten anything. I went to the bathroom to fix my hair and do my skincare, so I didn't have to worry about that later. I brushed my hair and let it hang loosely on my shoulders. It had grown a lot – It almost reached below my boobs now. As I put on my slippers, I heard a honk from outside, figuring it must be Jack. I grabbed my stuff and went to the car. With my England Tech Fleece on and airpods in hand, I felt ready to go.

"Hey guys" I said as I opened the trunk and dropped my bags.

"Hey Addie" Bukayo said from the passenger seat. I opened the car door to the back seat where Phil sat. I sat down beside him and placed Charlie in my lap. 

"Hey cutie" Phil said to Charlie with a baby voice. Charlie jumped over to Phil and cuddled with him. "He loves me really" Phil said as planted small kisses all over Charlie's head. 

"He sure does" I said as I fastened my seatbelt. "Too bad I can't bring him with me".

"Yeah, about that, we're gonna drop him off at Oakley's (Central cee) house, right?" Jack said.

"Yes, I told him we're coming, and I also sent you his address" I replied to Jack.

"Great" he said.

We arrived outside his house where two more cars were parked by the pavement. I stepped out of the car and lowered my head to ask the others "do you want to come with and say hi?"

"Sure" they all responded. They got out of the car, Charlie in Phil's arms as Bukayo helped me carry his stuff. I knocked on Cench's door and was greeted by a big smile when he opened the door. "Hey Addie" he said as he trapped me in his arms. I hugged him back and laughed in his chest. 

"Hey Cench" I said with a muffled voice. He let go of me and ruffled my hair.

"Come in" he said and opened the door a little more allowing me and the others to enter his house. He greeted the others with "what's good" and by giving them high fives and fist bumps.

I walked to his living room where a few of his friends were. 

"Hey guys" I said with a smile before sitting down on the sofa. I had met them before, so it wasn't awkward or anything. 

"Hey Addie" a few of them said. I felt the sofa dip when Bukayo, Phil and Jack sat down beside me. Cench sat in an armchair in front of us, manspreading as usual.

"Can I get you anything?" he asked.

"No, we're good" Bukayo responded. "We're on our way to S.t George's Park"

"Right" he nodded as he remembered. Charlie sat down in Phil's lap but quickly got up and sprinted to Cench with his wagging tail as he recognized Cee's face. 

"Hey lil bro" Cee chuckled as Charlie jumped in his lap while patting him. After chatting for a bit and going through everything Cee needed to know about Charlie, we got ready to leave. I got up from the sofa and crouched in front of Cee to pat Charlie. 

"Be a good boy now" I said as I kissed him on his nose. "Thank you again for taking care of him, Oakley" I said as I stood up again.

"No worries sis, come here" he stretched out his arms and embraced me in a hug. "Good luck, we will be cheering on you" he said into my neck.