Regret?

I woke up with a massive headache and a sore throat. I groaned as I brought my hands up to my head, realization slowly washing over me as I remembered yesterday's events. What had I done? Was I so dumb that I couldn't control how much I was drinking?

I got up from my bed, head spinning as I made my way to the bathroom. I stared at the person who was looking back at me in the mirror. God, I looked hungover as shit – droopy eyes with huge bags underneath. Instead of my usual limestone skin, my face was pale, and I looked exhausted. I sighed and splashed water on my face, hoping it would do something. After changing into comfier clothes, I headed downstairs to make breakfast. The kitchen clock showed 10AM. For some reason, while being severely hungover, I had managed to wake up quite early. I opened my cabinets, grabbed a few pills hoping it would cure the headache that was bugging me to death.

I was cooking eggs in the frying pan and cutting up some avocado as I heard my phone playing a familiar ringtone.

"Hello" I answered.

"Hi, Addie...How are you feeling?" I heard Jack's worrying voice at the other end. As revenge for ALMOST leaving me all alone at the club last night, I decided to play a prank on him.

"Not so well actually. I got super drunk and ended up following a guy home but as soon as we were outside his home, he pushed me into a ditch and left me there. I fell asleep, and at like 4AM a couple found me and called the ambulance so I'm now in the ER" I said, almost bursting out laughing.

"Wait, what?!" he yelled, extremely confused and concerned "Are you serious?!"

"Yea I got my x-ray results back a few minutes ago and the doctor said my foot was severely broken. They told me I was never going to be able to play football again, so I guess this is the end of my career." At this point he had to know I was joking.

"Addie if this is some stupid joke you have to cut it right now. I'm literally walking towards my car on my way to get you."

"Jack, honey, I'm just playing" I couldn't contain my laughter.

"For god's sake Addie, that wasn't funny at all" he said relieved. "For real this time, how are you feeling?"

"I'm hungover as shit and my body feels like a wreck" I spoke "I still can't believe you guys left me there!" I continued, quite annoyed about the situation. "I didn't even want to go in the first place"

"I'm sorry Addie, we feel horrible, trust me" he responded. "After Phil and I went to say hi to a few, we lost track of time. Don't take this the wrong way, but after a few drinks we totally forgot you were with us. I feel so guilty about this, Addie you can't even imagine" he truly felt regret. "I know it was our responsibility to make sure you had a good time, especially since it was your first time going to a club. Phil is here right now if you want to speak to him"

"No, it's okay, I forgive you guys" I answered. "But please, next time, keep your phone on so you can hear when I'm calling."

"Yes, I promise Addie...again, I'm so sorry" he said. "But I grasped that Jude drove you home, right?"

"Yea, he did. At least someone took responsibility to do so" I said in a joking manner.

"Yea, yea" he said. "But how did you know he was there?"

"I didn't, he just showed up right beside me out of nowhere" I responded.

"I see..." Jack said, suspiciously.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Oh nothing..." he said. "So, did anything special happen after he drove you home or..?"