Chapter 9: Altering the Facts

Puran was being interrogated by Ravi's team in the lock up. He was scared out of his mind to be implicated for kidnapping and physical abuse which may lend him 3-4 years of jail time.

Storming through the door, Ravi walks in and grabs Puran by his collar and tells him that if he does not start talking, he will be charged with the maximum felonies as per the law. Puran begs for mercy while admitting that he is at partial fault, further informing them there is more to the story, but worried due to what happened between him and Naina, she may not collaborate with his facts. She may hold him equally accountable for what Monty and Maru did to her. Ravi grabs Puran by the back of his hair and instructs him to state all the facts. Warns Puran that if he tries to hide anything, he will be immediately booked under all charges.

Puran explains and tell them everything that happened from the moment he overheard Maru and Monty talk about the ransom money and how he followed them and witnessed them both physically abuse Naina's navel and even though he was just interested in the money at first, it was Naina's sensual navel that made him weak and he was drawn by her beauty which made him go as far as he did.... When police apprehended him and took charge of the scene they just charged him as the main culprit not knowing the rest of the story.

Whatever that Ravi and his team heard from Puran made them all uncomfortable to cross check the facts with Naina, considering she was also Ravi's friend's wife. Ravi glances over at Naina who was quietly standing by a window of the station holding a cup of warm tea in her hands. Knowing the truth that he had just learned, it was inevitable for him to not glance at her belly and navel that were mildly emerging through the gaps of her saree as the wind was blowing through the window.

 Knowing the truth that he had just learned, it was inevitable for him to not glance at her belly and navel that were mildly emerging through the gaps of her saree as the wind was blowing through the window

Ravi and Syed approach Naina and hesitantly tell her about what Puran told them. Naina knew those facts can't be invalidated even if she wished for it badly. She just nods her head and tells them "There is always some grief in life you have to swallow for the happiness of others". Ravi and Syed did not understand what she meant and gave each other a baffled look.

Ravi "Naina, you know I am Mukund's friend and I only wish for your safety in this whole matter. He was worried when he found out that you were missing and was calling in for personal favors from me to find you. I had to pull my best officer Syed (pointing his finger at Syed) from working on another important case to dig out your whereabouts."

Naina "..... And I appreciate you and your team's effort. I also want to thank sub-inspector Syed for using his skills to find me.... But.... but... there is more at stack and I wish I could tell you everything..... I... I... really do not want to press any charges... This is about the reputation of my family and their honor.... If you dig more into it... I am worried those things for which I have sacrificed so far will come to light and will ruin everything..... Even if it means allowing my navel to be exploited more along the way......"

Ravi and Syed give each other a confused look and they both could not stop to keep on glancing at her navel. Naina notices it and tells them "I somehow feel that my navel is the root cause of all this trouble. But... if sacrificing my navel can somehow keep the truth from coming out, then I don't care. I will serve my navel happily to anyone to achieve that goal..... That is if you can understand what I mean" Those words sent chills through the veins of both Ravi and Syed, they were out of words and both helplessly kept drooling at the sight of her succulent belly and the world's sexiest navel.