Chapter 18

It has been over an hour and we were still driving. I haven't stopped asking and asking over again were he's going to take me. It's not that I don't trust him but curiosity is killing me. We're driving through a tiny forest now. Niall keeps saying that we're almost there. I have no idea what his surprise is and this drive to the mystery place isn't giving me any clues because all I'm seeing is trees, trees and trees.

''We're here.'' Niall announces. I get out of the car and as I look up to where we are, I see this beautiful, stunning view. The sun was almost down and you could see the starts and the moon shining above you and underneath us, half of Mullingar was lit up. It was more than beautiful.

''You like it?" Niall wraps his hands around my waist.

"I love it. It's beautiful. You come here often?" I ask him.

''Yeah. This place is my getaway. I like to come here and just forget about every problem. You're the first person that I showed this to.''

''I love it.'' I say again. "It's so calm."

''Cmon.'' Niall takes my hands in his. ''Close your eyes.''

I close my eyes as I wait patiently for what Niall is going to show me or do next. I hear him open one of the car doors and shuffle into plastic bags.

"Can I open my eyes?" I ask wondering what he's doing.

"No Mia. Not ready yet."

I hear the sound of his footsteps on the grass coming near me and back to his car and coming near me again.

"Okay. You can open your eyes now babe." he says minutes later as I hear him open a box.

Few steps from were I was, Niall was sitting on a picnic blanket grinning and smiling, holding the most delicious looking cake ever. Happy birthday, beautiful was written on it with pink frosting. Everything was set up cute and neat. 

"Wow." I say speechless. Niall couldn't take my eyes off of me as I walk and sit next to him and if he keeps staring at me that way I'm going to pass out. 

''Did you like it?'' Niall gaze at me softly. 

''Like it? I love it.'' I giggle and stare at the cake and plastic plates. ''Where did you get all of this?'' 

''Well, while you were getting dry at Antonio's I asked him if he could make you a birthday cake and from there till here I was shitting myself hoping it won't melt.'' he says, staring at me. 

How cute of him. 

Niall sets the cake in front of me and places the candles into the cake and lights them all. ''Do you want me to sing you the Happy Birthday song?'' Niall asks. 

''No thanks.'' I laugh. ''Everything is already perfect the way it is.'' 

When I was little and I was about to blow up the candles. My mother used to hold my hair back in a ponytail and whisper '' Make a wish darling.'' It was one of my favourite parts on my birthday besides opening the gifts. Who doesn't love that? I used to believe that they'll come true one day and to be honest, I think I still do. When I turned four, I wished for a dog and a year after it did came true. I named him Toby and he was the cutest puppy ever.  Today, on my birthday I am doing the same. But this time instead of wishing for a pet or wishing to see my favourite band play live like I did when I turned thirteen, I am wishing for something different. Something that I never ever in my life imagined myself wishing for and I wished that nothing changes between Niall and I. That if something happens between me and him, we stay true to ourselves and go through it together and in the end we will still be their both of our arms open to give each other a hug because honestly I have never ever loved someone in my life as much as I love him. 

Niall's POV

" I have something to tell you." I say as she blow up her candles.

''What is it?'' she says. I could see that she was getting nervous and maybe even felt a bit scared on what I was about to tell her. 

''When I got back from war before I met you. I was in a bad state. One of my biggest friends was with me in the army and he died right in front of me and seeing your best friend suffering and dying hurts more than being stabbed in the back with a knife.'' I stop for a minute. Mia grabs my hand and squeeze it,  giving me the sign that she's here hearing me out. 

''Things were becoming harder and I thought that my life has ended. I felt weak and depressed. After few weeks, I went to visit my grandpa and he told me '' When life gets hard, don't ever give up because everybody gets a miracle.'' I thought that that was all bullshit just to make me feel better but it wasn't because few days later I found my miracle. My miracle wasn't winning the guinness world record of who eats the fastest pizza or it wasn't getting to live in a mansion and never ever go to war again. My miracle was you. You Mia.'' I stop for a few seconds again just to see her reaction and she was tearing up. 

I continue. ''You changed me into a better person. You make my days fully better. You make me happy, you make me smile. I don't know what I would do without you because honestly, you're the best thing that has ever happened to me. My love for you is exactly like as the number eight because if you turn it around it becomes infinite and I promise you that it will stay that way.'' 

Mia wasn't just tearing up but crying now and I was doing the same. She leans closer and kiss my gently and I kiss her back and it felt like the best thing in the world. Our lips were pressing together time after time transporting us to another world. With just the two of us there, the rest of the world disappeared. 

------------------------------------------