Chapter 7

Mia's POV

I had an idea which restaurant dad and Ellen were so I parked in the first parking place that I found and went in the restaurant.

I spotted them as soon as I got in. They were sitting on a table near the window, drinking wine and eating pasta. Ellen saw me first and made a sign to dad that I was here.

"May I sit?" I asked. "Yeah. Make your self comfortable." dad pointed to a chair in front of him next to Ellen. We didn't talk that much and they were eating and I had no idea from where I was going to start.

"So how's Joe?" dad said. "No idea. He's really ill." I said looking down. "Dad. Look I'm sor-"

"Let's not talk about this here okay?" he said and handled the plate to the waitress.

"No. I'm sorry. I was just under a shock. That's why I shouted at you and I was angry." I said to him. Ellen put her hands on my lap making me uncomfortable sitting next to her.

"It's okay Mia. I get it." he said.  "I was the same as you were when you found out and I'm the one who needs to say sorry not you. I couldn't admit it maybe that's why I didn't tell you."

I smiled at him showing him that everything is okay now and we will be there for Joe together in everything he needs. "So. Who's that good-looking guy that was at home?" Ellen talked to me for the first time. Why she have to come up with this right now. I mean Niall and I were like very close to start making out and she caught us.

"Oh. That's Niall." I said that's it. No details to a person who I never talked to in my life. Dad looked at me if I was a teenager as if like I let a completely unknown person in my house and Ellen kept telling dad how cute and handsome he looked.

"Excuse me." Ellen said and got up and went to the ladies room. "So you and Ellen eh?" I said to dad. He has to tell me about her. How they met and if they're dating or not.

"No. She's just a really great friend of mine. We work together. " he said. Not sure if he was lying or not.

"Cmon. No secrets between us anymore okay? Tell me." I forced him

"No it's true we're just friends." he said. And I gave him a look and he said promise. Ellen came back saying she had to go because her son called her. That's what she said. So maybe dad is right. They're not seeing each other.

I decided to go near Joe again. We talked alot and finally he decided to watch something else instead of Frozen. After seeing Joe I was so tired so I decided to go home and rest.

"You haven't told her. Why?" I heard Ellen talking to dad in the kitchen. I decided to listen I think they were talking about me.

"I can't not now." he said to her. "If that's true that you told her that we're friends you made it completely worse that's why you can't tell her now." she shouted. Okay so they're definitely talking about me.

"I don't know how she's going to take it. What do you want me to tell her? That we have been dating before she moved to London." he said.

He has no idea. I was getting angry again. He promised that they're just friends. He lied completely to my face. I have no idea what has got into him. I started crying again. If they have been seeing each other before I moved to London that means he was cheating on my mother. I didn't want to listen anymore. I slammed the door enough so they could hear it and know that I know now.

I had no idea where I was going. I was going to see Joe but that will make me more sad. I had no friends. The only one that I had, the only one that could distract me from my problems was Niall. So I started driving to his house. I parked and got out of the car still crying. I had no idea how but I also was shaking. 

I knocked and waited and knocked again. Maura his mother opened and ask if I was okay but I just told her that I wanted to see Niall. She pointed to upstairs. I knocked on Niall's bedroom door and he opened.

"Mia what's wrong?" he said putting me in his arms. That's what I needed right now being in his arms. He led me to his room and sat on his bed. I told him about everything. About Joe being sick and about dad's lies. He asked me if I wanted to stay for a few days. I said yes of course.  I didn't want to see dad's face again and I don't want to go through another fight. 

------------------------------------------