bar discussions

the day was bleak, the sky was dull and was covered in spots of gray clouds. the temperature wasn't interesting either, not to hot, not to cold. not humid either. everything about that day was dull, like every other.

and, normally for ghost, this weather was just fine for a little visit to the bar nearby.

usually whenever ghost was in a bar, he would spend his time alone. drinking a nice smooth glass of bourbon, of course. although, something seemed to itch him a bit.

he couldn't help but feel a bit.. watched. by something or somebody

he's felt this feeling many times before, especially since he was always alone with himself. people would talk about it as well, them discussing about how uneasy he made others. they acted like he couldn't hear them, like he was surprise surprise- a ghost.

but these eyes felt different. they weren't judging, piercing- no. they were studying, reading what little they could read of ghost. though it was a nice change of pace, it still made ghost a bit on edge.

so instead of confronting the person or looking back, what he would do is go into the restroom, wait a bit, and then exit to scan the area. normally, he would find the person in a small amount of time. even though he wasn't the best at communication, he was most certainly good at observing others actions or emotions. so, he decided to execute his method.

he stood up and began to head to the restroom.

the door swung open, he was a few steps in near the stalls that appeared around the corner to the left. he didn't hear the door close.

as a matter of fact, he began to hear a few steps approach him

"simon-"

this part was a blur for ghost, he only remembers his 'name' making him feel alarmingly exposed. one second he was walking and the next he was holding a knife up to somebody's neck. although, based on the rapid breathing from the both of them, a small struggle mightve broken out.

"pumpin' hell ghost- do you have to scare the shit out of everybody with a knife..?!"

the voice was complaining, whiny. and most importantly, had the voice of a pissed off scottish man in it

"..johnny."

the sargeant raised his eyebrow in a bit of anger

"..yeah?!"

ghost sighed as he placed the knife back into the pocket on his belt.

"what'd I tell you about using my name like that?"

soap exhaled in relief, thankful that his body and head were still attached.

"sorry sir.."

now that soap thought about it, his concern made sense. having your real name called out at you after you've stated that you preferred something else can be stressful or- irritating at times. soap couldn't lie to himself when he said he'd felt that several times. [ayo 🏳️‍⚧️?]

"what're you doing here anyway mactavish?"

soap smiled slightly as he followed along ghost's walk back to his table

"was about to ask you the same thing.."

the both of them sat down at this point

"just clearing up some thoughts with a nice pint..-well, you know how it is.."

soap leaned back in his chair

"you, ghost?"

ghost's eyes drove off into his thoughts a bit