I

en·deav·or

/ənˈdevər/

noun

plural noun: endeavors

an attempt to achieve a goal.

Similar:

attempt

try

bid

Jennie Kim

I spun around the mirror to look at myself. I look fine, I guess. I just don't know what to wear or how to act at all. It's my first time going to my campus and I've never been to any kind of schools before. I was home schooled my whole life actually because of some circumstances.

"Jendeuki! Come on you'll be late for your first period! " I heard my sister Jisoo knock on my door. I checked myself one last time before grabbing my bag then running down stairs to see my sister waiting for me..

"Do I look okay? Be honest! I'm okay with any kind of criticism" I said as I stood in front of her while spinning a little. She put her fingers under her chin as if she's thinking hard..

"Not bad Jendeuki but where's your mask? You should wear your mask, you can't risk catching any kind of virus there.. I don't want you getting sick on your first day" she said and I sighed in relief.. That's right. I've been feeling a bit off since earlier because I knew I forgot something, I just couldn't tell what is it.

I need to wear mask at all times since I'm going out. I catch virus and diseases easily and I will be sick like real sick! The kind of sick where the doctors have to revive me one time. That's also the reason why I've been homeschooled for so long but since it's my last year in college and I will be leaving soon, I guess I should try to experience it so I won't have to regret anything later... I want to try new things before I leave..

"Thanks Chichu.. " I smiled at her as I grab my mask near the lampshade.. I wore it and I checked my bag one last time.. Notebooks, pens, books and cellphone check! Pills, vitamins, nebulizer, extra mask and water.. Check as well.. I guess I'm ready..

"Are you sure you want to do this? You're making it hard for me.. It feels like you want to leave us soon" Jisoo said and I saw sadness in her eyes.. I know she's worried, I know she's just trying to protect me but I could no longer stop it.. I'll leave anyways and nothing can or will change that so I want to live my life to the fullest without regrets and no looking back..

I want to experience things a normal college girl does.. I want to have fun without worrying too much.. I want to be free at least before leaving.. Because in that way, I will be happy and my heart would be at ease..