Once An Enemy Always A Friend

Wednesday had been a little more than delighted to hear that the experienced nurses working at Nevermore Academy had something able to immediately heal her wounds. She did, however, have to wallow in self-pity and self-loathing on her accompanied walk to the infirmary, which she had done so with Enid.

And now that her arm was completely healed, she was back to her full potential.

She took advantage of all writing opportunities given to her, which really just meant any and all free time she had been able to get.

Of course, she had also busied herself with fencing, which she had been practicing especially hard with since her loss to Bianca. And though that was a while back, and the two had grown to be what some might call friends, she was still incredibly disappointed in herself for it.

Enid had become worried about how much and how often Wednesday had been practicing. She was rarely ever in their dorm, and when she was, she most certainly wasn't resting. Her typewriter was working hard all throughout the night, so much so that Enid had barely been able to catch any sleep at all lately.

When Wednesday wasn't fencing, she was writing, and when she wasn't writing, she was... No one knew where, but probably torturing someone.

The clink of fencing swords against each other drags Enid's mind from her daydream, suddenly louder than it had been before.

Unknowingly, her gaze had traveled from her own teacher all the way over to Wednesday, who had probably been through multiple opponents since they had both arrived at class.

In a quick flurry of black clothing, the rounded tip of Wednesday's saber is pressed directly against her opponent's chest, who groans loudly and removes their mask. "Nice move."

Wednesday reaches up and removes her own, her long dark hair tousled from all her mask's previous movements.

She says nothing in response, and simply dips her head, her gaze flicking to Enid's, their eyes meeting for less than a second before she looks away once more.

Bianca watches from beside End and Yoko, her arms crossed as she smirks smugly in Wednesday's direction. She had made sure to tell everyone she had been the only person able to beat Wednesday, and she took great pride in it.

Wednesday, of course, had made sure to immediately put a stop to any rumors saying Bianca was stronger than her. Thankfully, not by killing the creators of them.

"Sit and take a break for the remainder of class," the teacher instructs everyone, his voice easily carrying itself across the entirety of the large room.

Enid takes a seat, only to glance up a moment later at the sound of quiet, unrushed footsteps approaching her.

"Hello, Enid," Wednesday greets her simply, not even bothering to ask and taking a seat beside the werewolf, resting her helmet in her lap.

"Hi, Wednesday!" Enid replies bubbly, smiling brightly and scooting over to the side to leave more open space for her roommate.

Enid opens her mouth to say something, but quickly figures it would only make their interaction awkward, and she closes it.

Their class is dismissed not too long after, and everyone piles out of the room as quickly as possible to change out of their fencing attire before heading toward lunch.

Wednesday enjoyed following Enid everywhere, it seemed, as she barely ever left her side. Whether she liked glaring at people who glanced in the werewolf's direction, or simply enjoyed being with Enid, no one but Wednesday would ever know.

Even when Enid sat down, Wednesday remained by her side, glaring at anyone who sat even remotely close to the werewolf. Her werewolf? With the way she was acting, it most certainly seemed like it.