A Trip In The Woods

"Wednesdayyy!"

It's a whine. A loud one. One that rattles around in Wednesday's ears for minutes on end. She scowls.

"Unhand me." She resists the urge to call Enid a foul name, biting her tongue and pushing down the incredibly tempting urge to do so. She moves her leg with unsurprising difficulty, dragging Enid along with it, claws digging into her thigh as a response to being moved so suddenly.

"No! Not until you tell me where you're going!"

Wednesday had been disappearing for hours on end for the past few days (after classes. If she had been doing so during, Enid would have suspected absolutely nothing). At first, Enid didn't mind at all, and hadn't even started realizing until she went to show Wednesday something one day, and finally noticed her roommate wasn't even in the room with her. That was when she started recognizing Wednesday's often absences.

Today, she was gone for about three hours after class. Enid left after that, so she could have returned and left again, but once Enid had arrived back at the dorm, she was delighted upon hearing Wednesday outside, barely thirty minutes after she had gotten comfortable on her own bed again.

And this is where they were now.

Wednesday had tried leaving, and Enid was too quick for her to jump out of the way. Hands wrapped around her thigh, and legs bundled around her own. Enid was (quite literally) hanging on to her, and seemed to never want to let go.

"Where I go in my free time is none of your concern. Now unhand me before you have none." The threat slips from her tongue easily, and for a moment, Wednesday thinks she can almost feel Enid's grip loosening. But then the werewolf readjusts, and her arms are just as tight as before.

"Tell me!" Her eyebrows furrow, her expression changing in an instant. "Tell me right now or I won't ever let go!"

Wednesday lets out a sigh of exasperation, falling silent, and instead choosing to leave the dorm. It wasn't necessarily perfected yet, but she silently hoped Enid would still find it enjoyable.

"Now where are we going?" Enid whines, trying her best to ignore the few odd glances they got in the hallway as they were leaving. It's not every day you see Enid Sinclair holding on to Wednesday Addams's leg without dying, I suppose.

"You will see when we get there, won't you?" Wednesday's voice is cold, mysterious, as always, but the way not even Enid can find the true meaning behind it sends shivers down the werewolf's spine.

Wednesday feels this, and cannot supress a smirk.

Other than the occasional whine from Enid, or particularly sharp breath from Wednesday, the remainder of the walk is almost completely silent. For once, Enid kept quiet.

And if that were not a miracle, Wednesday did not know what was.

Thing accompanied them to their location, riding atop Wednesday's shoulder, occasionally tapping her a few times as if trying to tell her to go faster. She couldn't, not even if she had wanted to. Enid was certainly heavier than she looked.

"Are we almost thereee?" The girl whines, squeezing her eyes shut and jutting her lower lip out to pout. Wednesday silently found the not-so-foreign expression revolting. She almost winced upon seeing it.

"Yes, Enid," the goth replies, stiffling a sound of both secondhand embarrassment and frustration. Enid had only repeated the question ten times now. "We have almost arrived at our destination." The roll of her eyes indicates her edge, but Enid does not see it.

"Good! Hanging onto your leg is not nearly as comfy or as entertaining as I thought it would be." She sighs, as if holding on was an incredibly tiring or arduous task, and Wednesday dragging her around was not.