(Christmas Special)

Snow coats the grounds of Nevermore Academy in a large, freezing blanket of white, mounds of the flakes piled up against the buildings and on the windowsills outside.

All students were told to remain inside the campus, and inside Nevermore itself, unless they wished to freeze to death. Some, of course, went outside to stupidly hurl snowballs at each other, or to make oversized balls of snow and turn it into some kind of person. Enid used the word "snowman" to describe them, but Wednesday simply didn't care.

The goth had found absolutely zero point in participating in such activities, and remained inside her dorm with Enid, who was still buried beneath the warm cover of her blankets, which she had begun to hoard and drape over herself. She had to admit, though, she was beginning to get a little warm.

Wednesday glances over at the large pile of blankets, each covered in different varieties of, from this distance, unrecognizable patterns. Her eyes are peeled for any sign of Enid, who had ever so carefully covered her whole body, leaving nothing open to the cold air surrounding her.

"Enid?" Wednesday's voice easily carries across the entirety of the silent room, the quiet sound of Thing's fingertips pattering around on the ground incredibly evident.

A small groan comes from beneath the large pile of blankets, wordlessly inviting Wednesday over for whatever it was she needed.

The rustle of Wednesday's sheets come loud to Enid's partially sensitive ears, and as do her own as weight dips the corner of her bed downward.

"Are you going to hide beneath your covers all day long?" Wednesday questions quietly, lifting her hand and gently placing it on the lump of what she assumed would be Enid's leg.

"Yes. It's freezing outside," Enid's reply is incredibly muffled, but Wednesday is still miraculously able to understand her.

Wednesday lets out a sharp exhale of air from between gritted teeth, gripping the edge of one of Enid's many blankets and pulling it away from her.

"Wait, what are you doing-!?" Enid exclaims, a large gust of cold air blowing onto her body so suddenly she freezes in place, goosebumps forming along her whole body, leaving Wednesday completely free to rip all remaining blankets off of her.

"Get up," Wednesday says firmly, standing and walking away from Enid and her now cool blankets. "We're going outside. You need to socialize."

"What!? But it's literally freezing out there!" Enid grunts as a coat is thrown overtop of her head, and she is quick to remove it.

"You're a werewolf." Wednesday turns to face Enid, her gaze (as always) unamused. "You will survive, not that there isn't much to endure, anyhow."

Enid glares at Wednesday, but pulls the coat over her shoulders and her boots on her feet, quickly following her roommate out of their dorm. She takes one last sad look behind her at her scattered blankets, but turns and (regretfully so) closes the door behind her.

"So-" Enid yawns. "-What are we doing out here, anyway?" She asks, wrapping her arms around her torso in an attempt to preserve any and all of her body heat possible.

"You haven't left our dorm all day. Therefore, you have yet to eat something," Wednesday replies over her shoulder, quirking an eyebrow ever so slightly as Enid finally catches up, walking right alongside her.

"Erm... No, I guess I haven't." Enid shrugs after a moment, seemingly unbothered as she skips in front of Wednesday, stopping in her tracks. "Oh, well! I-"

A cool hand grabs her arm, moving her out of the way and dragging her along once more.

"Wednesday, it isn't even a big deal." Enid rolls her eyes, stumbling for a moment before regaining her balance. "It's not like I'm going to die overnight or anything-"