Stuck With You

Enid hadn't even gotten a warning. One moment she was completely safe and comfy in the warm embrace of her onesie, and the next she was being taken away by two guards (whom she had no recollection of. Since when were there guards at Nevermore?) and brought to a very, very large cage. Wednesday had always made jokes about locking her up in one. The thought of her roommate seemed to make things better, for a brief few minutes, at least. It was better than nothing.

The guards had given her very little time to prepare herself, so the only things she had been able to bring was a change of clothes and her phone, which had been taken away the moment Enid reached her cage. Simply too nervous to, she didn't put up a fight.

She seemed to be one of the first of many to be put inside the cages. Within a few minutes, many different werewolf students were being ushered inside, all their devices being taken away before they were locked in. The smart ones that brought books were allowed to keep those. Enid scowls upon realizing.

It was almost completely dark. There were no lights whatsoever, though there was a singular large window overtop of all the metal cages. At first, Enid had thought there wasn't one, but as she moved, something reflected off of it, and she was proven otherwise.

For a while, Enid kept herself busy by pacing the floor, gnawing at her lip and bouncing on her toes anxiously. She wasn't sure what to do with herself. No phone meant no texting. No texting meant no asking Wednesday to break her out (if her roommate ever decided to forgive her for the previous stunt she had pulled), or at least come visit her for the night.

The ruckus from all of the other restless werewolves suddenly invades Enid's oversensitive ears, the echos of their whoops and cheers as loud as screams in the large (but to Enid, small) stone building.

Enid whines, sinking down into the cool floor, her hands held tight over her ears and knees curled up to her chest. She whines, clamping her jaw shut halfway through the sound in an attempt to mute it.

She could only hope both she and the other restless werewolves transformed soon; she wasn't sure how much more of this she could take.

=======================

Wednesday returned to the room late that night, having been completely restless throughout the entire day, she decided spending a little extra time on her novel should be enough to calm her mind and dim her thoughts. And for a while, it worked perfectly. She had no distractions, thanks to the lack of both Enid's destructive music (which she had come to realize actually helped her concentrate more than it distracted her, but she ignored it and continued writing), and the appendage that normally would have been bothering her for a walk.

The room seemed lonely without the two.

Wednesday loved and cherished it.

She knew she wouldn't get many moments like this, and used it to her advantage. She wasn't sure where either were, but it didn't matter, not now, when she was enjoying her free time so much. The almost complete silence was pleasant, though she was sure it would be better with some kind of painful screams, or pleas for help, she would enjoy what she had.

The first interruption she experienced were howls, presumably from the werewolves outside (unless some high Nevermore students of some other species suddenly got jealous of the oversized fur-growing dogs), and the second were rapid knocks at the dorm door.

At first, Wednesday considers ignoring the person there altogether, but another howl echos throughout the woods, and she considers if the student on the other side was Enid. She stands and approaches it, twisting the doorknob and swinging it open.

A disembodied hand scurries past Wednesday's legs and inside the room before she can process Enid's absence at the door.

"Hello to you, too," the goth greets him, her frown (that had, while she was completely alone, been a smile) returning.