Chapter Six-Troubles & Otherworldly Friendships!

((As for those wondering what kind of Pokémon the boys of NRC will have, you'll just have to read and find out. 🤐😉))

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

*$*Pokémon World-Ecruteak City*$*

Rayna's POV

"So, what's the trouble?" I asked Morty. "I'll explain inside." Morty said, motioning to the direction of the Dance Theater with a tilt of his head. "I see." I remarked-understanding what he was hinting at before looking at the boys behind me, "Come on." "Ah, sure." Ace muttered as he tried to jump-start his brain again. Deuce wasn't much better, he was just quieter about it. Morty and I with our partners turned and headed towards the building we were supposed to be with the boys trailing after us. 

#Time Skip#

*$*Dance Theater*$*

((Video owned by VideoGameOST1))

"Thank you for coming, Rayna." The eldest of the Kimono girls, sisters really, spoke as she and her Umbreon greeted us at the door, "It's good to see you again, I just wish it were under better circumstances..." "Me as well Zuki, me as well." I said with a sigh but understood it couldn't have been helped. She and her Umbreon moved from the doorway, allowing us entry. We walked in and were greeted by the rest of the Kimono Girls and their eeveelutions. "Welcome Morty, Rayna, friends and Pokémon." They spoke together, bowing slightly at us. "Hey girls." I said with a wave, "Hey eeveelutions." "Please, have a seat." The second eldest, Kuni, said as she motioned to the table in the center of the room with several tea cups ready. "Vaporeon." Her Vaporeon said as he bowed his head. "Thank you." Morty and I said as we took our seats on either side of the table, Ace and Deuce sitting on my side with Terry between us. Gengar sat with Morty, as expected. "I have prepared a black tea for us all." Miki, the third born said as she and her Flareon brought over the steaming pot of tea. "Thank you." I said as she poured me a cup before pouring tea of the others. Once the tea was served, Sayo (the fourth sister) and her Jolteon walked to us and placed a broken piece of trapping equipment that I was more than familiar with. "Either leftovers, imitators or a different grouping..." I said with a glare aimed at the round-shaped cage with a cable at the the top that Team Rocket and most poachers would use to catch smaller Pokémon, like Eevee. "Blaziken..." Terry growled, smoke slowly exiting his mouth from how angry he was. "Uh, what is that?" Ace asked, pointing at the broken cage. If it had been fully intact, the bars would go all around but it had been sliced through bars at the bottom of it. "A poacher's catching cage." Morty answered, seeing my hands tighten around my tea cup, "It's mostly used to catch small Pokémon like Aipom with a single throw by enclosing around them like a hoop. The piece of cable attached to it feeds electricity into the cage, electrocuting the caught Pokémon inside-leaving it unable to escape or even more." "Or at least that's the idea." I said before lifting my right hand off my tea cup and rolling the broken cage with my hand, "See how the bottom is broken? That means the Pokémon that was caught inside was either quick enough to react before being shocked or it had enough time to escape." "It's a common trap used to sell Pokémon on the Black Market." Morty told the boys, his Gengar frowning as I finally stopped rolling the broken equipment. "Where did you find it?" I asked the girls, knowing that they or Morty would have been told about the equipment or found it themselves. "It was on Route 38, just behind the White Apricorn tree." Naoko, the youngest, said as she had her Espeon lift the cage off the table with Psychic to be disposed of properly, "Espeon and I were merely taking a walk out the city for some peace and quiet when an injured Meowth wondered into us. After we took it to the Pokémon Center, my sisters, myself and Morty quickly searched the route for where the poor thing could have come from." "And that's when you stumbled upon the broken cage..." I muttered through grit teeth. "Yes, and that wasn't all." Morty said before he pulled something out from his back pocket, "This was also found near the cage, I think the Meowth managed to scratch it off it's would-be catcher." He placed a patch of black fabric before me. It was stained with dried blood-letting me know that the Pokémon in question managed to land a decent hit. What caught my attention, was the logo the patch had. "It does seem like a patch that would belong to a grunt from Team Rocket..." I muttered as I picked up the patch of fabric, studying it and getting a feel of it, "But at a closer look and feel, it's a fake-like the costumes used at the Underground Photo Booth under Goldenrod City." "So we're dealing with an intimation or a mimic..." Morty remarked, picking up what I was getting at as I set the fabric down. "Seems that way." I said before taking a sip of my now cooled tea, "Either way, these poachers are going to get what's coming to them. And I'll make sure of it." Morty smirked back at me in understanding before sipping his own tea. "Am I the only one afraid right now...?" Ace asked, edging away from Terry, myself, Morty and Gengar in fear. "No you aren't..." Deuce muttered, doing the same thing as the Kimono Girls merely smiled with their eeveelutions by their sides.