ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛

Keo, Vi, and I ran for quite a while. Through the dark buildings and dodging leftover cars and discarded things, we managed to get into a large building.

The building was a lab building that was long but not tall and there were many windows and glass areas. "Is this the place?" Keo asked us, eyebrow raised. We stared at the lab building but made no effort to move in.

"I guess so. It doesn't look like much." Vi responded, gripping the strap in his bag. I hummed in agreement and started digging into my bag. I found [fave candy] and placed it in my mouth.

I left it in my mouth and started walking up the stairs to the building. BEEP! I quickly turned around to see what made that beeping noise but I didn't see anything.

"Hold on, watch," Keo spoke and took a few steps until he was next to me. I saw a flash of blue and red lights, indicating that the beeping was the lights. Vi walked to us and I heard one last final beep.

We walked up the stairs and opened the doors of the building into the lobby. There were at least 10  other people of all ages, sizes, and colors. There was a table with multiple phones and a neatly written note that said "Please Take one"

So we did. We each took a phone but it said 'Facial Recognition' and then a white screen with a timer popped up. There was less than a minute left.

"Please wait for the game to commence." A robotic voice spoke. "Game?" Keo and Vi asked. We looked at each other as the timer was slowly going down.

"Currently, there are 13 participants. 1 minute left till the game commences." The voice spoke again. It was less than 30 seconds and soon it said "Registration completed"

"Difficulty, three of diamonds." Three diamonds? What did that mean? I thought. I chewed on more of [fave candy] while I heard the rules.

"Rule: Clear all 15 levels. Leave the building within the time limit." The bot explained. There was a sign on the two white metal doors that said 'start'.

"Do we have to choose one?" I heard someone ask. "I suppose so." I quietly responded, my mouth filled with [fave candy].

"I can go!" I heard a teenage girl speak up. The girl had choppy, black hair and wore a white school uniform top. She ditched the school skirt and wore some jogger pants as well as sneakers.

There were murmurs and whispers about a teenage girl who was going something reckless and stupid, offering themselves without any thought.

"I can go too," I added, raising my right hand. "M/n! Put your hand down!" Keo hissed to me and tried to tug my hand down but I firmly had it up.

"It's decided then!" The girl cheered. The door to the left opened up and the girl entered, me following after her. As soon as we stepped in, the door shut behind us.

The door on the right slammed open and hesitantly, the other 11 people stepped through. The door slammed shut, locking everyone in.

I took a moment to look around; the area was like a long rectangular tube, that could fit four people side by side in width. It had a large TV at the end, which looked very high-tech, and a large white keyboard that stretched from one end to the other that had many more keys than I could count.

There was a clear, glass panel so that I could see the other side as well. A lot of people were standing around, confused but their side was longer than usual.

I tore my eyes away from that side and started walking to the TV, the female following after. "Oh! My name is Ryu! Pleased to meet you!" The girl, Ryu, spoke. I raised an eyebrow at her, not wanting to make small talk.