10

Friday (still at the party)

"My brother did what?!" Manuel said. "I'm gonna kill him." he continued. "No! Please don't do anything! That will make my life even worse." I begged. "Okay, it's okay if you don't want to sleepover anymore." Manuel said. "I will just sleep in your bedroom or in another room." I responded. "Okay. Go and try to have fun." Manuel said. "BABE!! LIMBO!!" Nadiya yelled. "COMING!" Manuel yelled back. "I got to go, girlfriend things." Manuel said. "Mhm, have a good time." I said.

"Have you told anyone yet?" Max said walking towards me. I froze. His voice was so unexpected. I was pretty much scared of him. "No.." I replied softly. "Good boy. Remember, this is just payback, no real harm. Even if you did say something, nobody will believe you." He said while laughing. "Good boy" are you serious? You just raped me and 30 minutes later you call me "Good boy" "Yeah, no harm." I said. He finally walked out of the room. I felt more relieved. I heard booze makes you feel more good about yourself. Makes you forget about all the bad things. I think I will try it.

As I walked downstairs, I can already hear everything at once. I look for the booze and then I heard crying and running. I think that's Walton. Why is he crying? I was in a bad mental state, but I still was going to try to check on him. I think he went upstairs. As I walked past Max's room upstairs, I got the chills. How does someone get PTSD so quick?

I found Walton. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked. Walton looks at me angrily. Why is he looking at me this way? What the fuck did I do? He walked over to me. "AM I OKAY? DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M OKAY?" Walton yelled. He started pushing me repeatedly. I started to get heated because I was so mentally tired. "WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO?" I yelled back. Walton flinched.

Why the fuck is he flinching? He's the one who pushed me AND yelled at me. He started breaking down in even more tears. I actually started to feel bad. "Hey, calm down. Talk to me. What's happening?" I said. "I'm sorry, don't hurt me please." He says. "Hurt you how?" I asked. I realize that something is definitely not right. "Is everything okay at home?" I asked. Oh my gosh. That was such a personal question I shouldn't have asked that. "Now you're just assuming shit!" He quickly yelled again. Damn, he got some mood swings! "Calm down, Walton. Why are you so mad and sad at the same time?" I asked gently. "No reason, just leave me alone. Get one of my other friends or something." He said. I don't know why, but I started to get heated. "Why can't you just talk to me?" I said trying to reach for him. He backed away and hid his face. "This is embarrassing, just leave." Walton said still sobbing quietly.

"It's not embarrassing to talk to one of your best friends, if you still even consider me as that." I said. "It's just that I can't talk to you. When we were friends, we never talked about deep shit." He said. That shocked me. "That's because YOU never wanted to talk about deep shit. I would check up on you, but you said everything was fine, and I fucking believed you. Whenever I wanted to vent, you wouldn't listen, so I gave up and just tried to look on the bright side. So why am I getting blamed?" I said, starting to tear up. Walton looks shocked.

"Do you ever try to give a shit about me? I'm sorry for whatever fucking rumor you heard about me, but I wish you addressed it to me instead. So, you want to be alone here? Fine! I fucking give up trying to help everyone but I can't get the same fucking care back." I said. I got so mad that instead of him pushing me, I pushed him. We started pushing each other now. The place wasn't private, so someone saw and yelled "FIGHT!!"

Manuel, Nadiya, and others started rushing to us. Manuel, Ben, and Nadiya tried to break us up but we managed to keep fighting. "You fucking bitch! Go sniff some more cocaine! I wish you were dead!" I yelled. Everyone stopped, even me. Manuel and Nadiya looked at me angrily but also surprised. Walton just started crying. Ben started trying to comfort him. Everyone was mad and started whispering. "He's messed up!" "Why would he say that?" "Oh my gosh!" Max was also outside, looking at me. He started chuckling. I felt so overwhelmed. Everyone hates me now. I started running back into the house and into the bathroom.

Once I was in the bathroom I break into tears. Why can't anybody just listen to me? This was the worst night ever. All I need is for someone to listen to me like I would listen to them. I felt so mentally crazy that I saw a blade and took it. As I am in the middle of doing it, I hear a knock on the door. I rushed to hide the blade and got up to open the door.

It was Manuel, he looked worried. "I think we all need to have a talk. Ben, Nadiya, Walton, and me decided to have a little conversation." Manuel said. He then notices my arms, dripping with blood. This was the first time in 3 years I saw Manuel tear up. "Why don't you go meet up with Nadiya, Ben, and Walton to talk." He said, while crying. "Okay. Are you coming?" I asked. "Yeah, I just need some alone time." He said. "Don't be gone for too long." I say. "I won't, hopefully." He said. That makes me wonder what he's going to do.

I arrives to where Nadiya, Walton, and Ben is. "Where is Manuel?" Nadiya asked. "He said he just needs some alone time." I replied. "Then, we have to wait for him because we need to talk together." Ben said. Whenever Ben talks, I get pissed off. "Yeah, whatever you say Ben." I mutter under my breath. Ben rolled his eyes.

45 minutes later

"It's been 45 minutes, I think we should check up on Manuel." Nadiya suggested. We all agree to go look for him. The last place he was at was the bathroom, so we check there.

He isn't there. I started to get worried. I called Manuel on my phone. He wasn't answering. I remember Manuel left his location on. "He leaves his location on, he isn't even in the house!" I said. "Everybody get in my car. Now." Nadiya demanded. "Had too much booze though. Zacharie, you drive. You're the only one that hasn't had booze tonight." Nadiya said. Even though I don't have a car, my dad forced me to get a driver's license. "Okay, I guess." I replied. We got into the car and started our journey to find Manuel.

I hate high school parties.