11

It has been four days since he had resumed his training with Merlin. His numbness was gone now. Merlin assured him that projecting would now much smoother now his circuits were opened. That is as long he doesn't overdo it. During this time he practiced his projecting constantly, like projecting chopsticks during meal times and other simple things. Shirou was waiting in the training hall for Bedivere. Today Shirou was planning to use his projection during training. If all went well, Bedivere would be in for a surprise.
"

Ah, Shirou. You are early today. If I had known, I would have come earlier myself." Bedivere didn't come alone, accompanied by Gawain and another knight were accompanying him. The other knight was not wearing his armor. He wore a bright green tunic, embroidered with a climbing Lion. He had an elegant face and his blue eyes where narrowed. Or rather he kept them almost closed. His long scarlet hair was well maintained and wavy. Judging from his features he was still in his twenties, but his expression was rather sad.
"But before we begin, let me introduce to you, sir Tristan."
"A pleasure to meet you, mister Emiya." Tristan spoke with a poetic tone and extended his hand. He strikes Shirou as a person who always looked at the glass half empty.
Shirou shook his hand and smiled in return. "A pleasure to meet you too, sir Tristan." Tristan's smile however was rather sad.
"I have already heard about your exploits from my fellow knights. Nothing to scoff at if you ask me. Although I must admit they sounded a bit reckless." His voice turned a little more serious for a moment. "Would you mind if Gawain and I observe your training?"
"No, not at all." Shirou said smiling before he turned to face Bedivere. "Shall we begin then, sir Bedivere?"
"An excellent idea." Bedivere walked over to the rack to grab some training swords.
"You only need to take one, Bedivere." Shirou said suddenly. Gawain, Tristan and Bedivere looked Shirou with curious surprise.
"Ohh. Are you planning to train without a sword?" Tristan asked in amusement.
"Not really." Shirou smiled cryptic. "Trace on." A training sword appeared in a flash. This lifted some eyebrows.
"Impressive. Do you think that it will hold out?" Gawain whistled softly.
"Shall we find out?" Shirou took his fighting stance. Bedivere smiled as he faced Shirou.
"Yes, we shall." Bedivere grinned and began his attack. Bedivere began slowly, but he upped his pace very fast. Shirou managed to block a few strikes, but most still came through, as always. His projected sword lasted quite long to Shirou's relief.
"Your sword is holding out rather well, I believe." Bedivere remarked. "And your skill has improved a little as well. I am going to up the bar a little." And sure enough. Bedivere's pace increased even further, as did the strength in his attacks. At one point Bedivere went for Shirou's left arm with some power. This one was going to hurt.
At that instance, Shirou remembered the small buckler shields he had seen lying around and he reacted fast. "Trace on!" And he projected a small buckler shield in his left hand and blocked Bedivere's blow. Bedivere's eyes widened in surprise and while the shield shattered. Tristan and Gawain were both smiling from amusement and approval as the attack was still nullified.
"Well, well. That certainly was a surprise, Shirou." Bedivere grinned. "It seems your magic has improved somewhat too."
"Thank you. But it only lasted for a single attack. My sword is at it's limits too, by the way." Shirou looked at his sword as it disappeared.
"Indeed. That was some quick thinking you did. Like the cunning fox." Tristan spoke like a poet, clapping his hands. Gawain too, gave a small applause.
"It is a very useful skill indeed. No doubt it will certainly save your live. Why don't you two take a small break." Gawain proposed as he took some mugs and filled them with water. Only now Shirou noticed how thirsty he was.
"Mind if we join you?" A voice called out. From the courtyard, three knights entered. They were Kay, Mordred and an old knight which Shirou hadn't seen yet. The old knight's hair was completely gray. His eyes, as Shirou noticed, looked exactly like Kay's. The knight's armor looked old, but it was well maintained.
"That was some interesting magic you used, Shirou." Mordred sounded amused. "You would be the first Magus that I know of, who fights at melee range. You certainly are more suited for an open confrontation. Not unlike those other Magi who skulk in the shadows." Mordred had given some minor compliments during their training together, but this is the first time that he actually praised him. Something that didn't went unnoticed.
"Did I hear that correctly or is there something wrong with my ears? Because I believe that sir Mordred has just given praise to someone." Tristan was clearly baffled, but also amused in a way.
"Indeed, he did." Said Gawain, lifting his eyebrows in surprise.
"I never knew that you could praise anybody, sir Mordred." Said Bedivere smiling in somewhat delightful surprise.
"Tssst! Are you guys looking for a fight? Of course I give praise to others...when it's due." Mordred said somewhat grumbling.
"Hahaha! Alright break it up you guys." The old knight laughed loudly. "In any case. What sir Mordred says is true, young man. Magi never fight with physical force, because they consider it beneath them." The old knight grinned. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Sir Ector. Sir Kay's father and knight of the round table." He extended his hand.
"A pleasure to meet you, sir Ector. You said you are sir Kay's father? Then you are also the king's foster-father, aren't you?" Shirou concluded as he shook his hand.
"That I am." Ector said with a serious tone and a satisfied smile. "I heard of your deeds. Saving sir Gawain from an ambush. Saving a girl from a fire and shielding the king. And you have only been here for a little more than a fortnight ago. I must say, I am a little impressed."
"Now that is rare. The great sir Ector is impressed." Gawain laughed. "That is something only a few could manage to do, even if it's just a little bit."
"Indeed it is." Kay remarked nodding heavily. "My father is not easily impressed. So I congratulate you, Emiya Shirou." Bedivere and Mordred nodded amused in agreement.
"Okay, that is enough." Ector said with faked annoyance, before he returned his attention to Shirou. "I heard you have been receiving training from Mordred and Merlin. Tell me, mister Emiya. Has Merlin pulled any pranks on you yet?" Ector narrowed his eyes.
"No, luckily not. It seems he has not made such a decision yet." Shirou smiled nervously.
"Then, you have been lucky so far." Ector sounded a little relieved, but oddly enough also a little disappointed. "We just witnessed the results of another of his pranks. He did something to the some of the guards, causing them to behave like roosters. They have been locked up until it wears off."
"Alas, such is the nature of Merlin. We often wander whether he is the king's adviser or the court jester." Tristan lamented as Bedivere and Kay shook their heads in exasperation. Mordred sighed heavily. "In any case. Mister Shirou, I have a message for you." Ector continued. "This afternoon the king will be holding a ceremony in your honor."
Shirou eye's widened with surprise. The knights however seemed to be expecting it. From the looks on their faces "You will receive a gift in honor of your deeds. So I suggest you tidy up for your big moment."
"This is great, mister Shirou." Tristan patted him on his shoulder. The others too were happy with the news. "You have proven yourself, so it is only proper for you to receive a reward."
"It is about time." Gawain grinned, crossing his arms and nodding.
"Wonderful news!" Bedivere exclaimed. "I hear the weapon is to be a masterpiece. One of a kind. I hope you will be able to put it to good use, Shirou."
"We'll see." Shirou replied unsure.
"It will be a great moment for you, none the less. But if you don't mind, I would like to return to the matter of your projection magic? We still have some time." Mordred changed the subject. After witnessing Shirou projecting the shield and sword, his curiosity was aflame. And it seemed the others were curious as well. "I would like to know how far you can go with you projecting? I am rather curious."
"Ohh. It seems to be a rather interesting conversation is taking place." Everybody turned around. Merlni walked towards them with a sprightly spring in his pace. "May I ask what the subject is all about?"
"Ah, Shirou used projection to create a sword and shield during the training." Bedivere explained. "It was quite intriguing and so we have become rather curious as to how far Shirou could go with it."
"I can imagine. What do you say, Shirou?" Merlin asked with a playful grin.
"Well, I don't mind. I am actually curious myself. So why not?" Shirou shrugged his shoulders.
"Alright, but be careful. If you overdo it, it will go really wrong, really fast." Merlin warned him with a dark look. Then his face brightened up again. "And remember to focus on the image as I told you." He said with an air-headed smile. Shirou nervously nodded in confirmation. At this point even soldiers and some servants had gathered around them. Curious about what is going on.
"Is that not the lad who saved Gawain and that girl?" The soldiers were whispering. "Ay, he is. I hear the king will be rewarding him today for his actions." They were pushing each other in order to get a better view. "Indeed. I saw him creating a sword from thin air. Shht. He is going to do it again."
Shirou started by creating a sword, then a battle-axe. He continued with bows, crossbows, halberds and two-handed swords. It was quite taxing. "Alright. I will try some armor now." He was already beginning to sweat some more. " He created some buckler shields and plate armor. "It seems that armor cost me a lot more energy to make." Shirou was now starting to pant.
"You should stop. You are wearing yourself out needlessly." Kay urged him. The other's nodded in agreement.
"Perhaps you're right. But I want to make just one more. You're going to love this." Shirou started to focus, while the others looked on. They were eager to see what he was going to make, but also worried as Shirou was visibly exerting himself. Merlin who had looked on with a cheerful smile, had suddenly gotten very tense.
He fidget around nervously. Is he really planning to do such a thing?
Shirou was now giving his all. His body felt hot and his head was throbbing. "Shirou that's enough!" Merlin had stepped forward and stopped him. "That's enough Shirou. I told you not to exert yourself." He chided him with a somewhat nervous smile.
"He's right, lad." Ector reprimanded him with a frown. "You would not be the first young man to overdo it. You should go and prepare yourself for the ceremony. As do we." He looked at the other knight's. "And the rest of you should return to your duties!" He commanded.
"We will be taking our leave then, sir Ector." One of the soldiers said as he saluted. The crowd started to disperse.
A little while later, Kay was drinking some ale with his father under the midday sun. But the incident from earlier didn't let him go. He put down his mug and looked at his father. "Father, what do you think of him?" He sounded uncertain.
Ector put down his mug and sighed. "I don't know, my son. That lad has great potential. That much is true. I also heard from Merlin that the lad's magic is highly specialized, but also that his aptitude is fairly low." Ector closed his eyes and frowned as he thought about it. "According to Merlin, he will never become a great magus, but his specialization grants him the possibility to overcome great obstacles. Only time will tell." Ector drank another gulp of ale.
"I see." Kay took his mug when he started to smile.
"What are you laughing at?" Ector asked.
"Have you heard it, father? She smiled again." Kay looked at Ector with elation. Ector looked at him with surprise. "Shirou made her smile."
"He made her smile?" Ector was happily surprised. "Ah, how long has it been? I somehow feel the hand of Fate at work here. But I can not explain why though." Kay looked at his father with wonder. He realized that what his father just said, might be right.
Shirou had just finished bathing and was putting on the new clothes which was provided for the ceremony. It consisted of a tunic made of red linen trimmed with gold, a matching belt and a black trouser and high boots. Shirou thought it a bit flashy for his taste.
Somebody knocked. "Enter." Shirou responded. It was Bedivere and Tristan.
"Are you ready for your ceremony?" Tristan asked. He sounded more cordial than normally.
"Almost." Shirou strapped on the belt. "Done."
"Then would thou follow us to the grand hall?" Bedivere motioned to the door. Shirou nodded.
"I must say, Shirou. That was mighty interesting." Tristan said as they walked through the corridor. "Was it not, sir Bedivere?"
"Indeed it was." Bedivere sounded absentminded. Then he looked Shirou in the eyes. "Anyway Shirou, let me instruct you about the proceedings. Because these ceremonies have a certain procedure to them." Bedivere's tone grew serious. "When we enter the hall, you will walk up in front of the stairs. The king will give a short speech, after which he will ask you to step forward and kneel. You will kneel on your left knee and place your right fist on your heart. And when he presents you your reward, you will take it with both hands and say: 'I hereby accept this gift which you bestows upon me.' Afterwards he will tell you to rise and turn towards the audience. The king will then command the festivities to begin."
"That sounds easy enough." Shirou grinned.
"Ah, it is a relative small ceremony indeed." Tristan smirked. "The ceremony for knighting is grand in comparison. However, for one to be granted knighthood, one must also prove himself in upholding chivalry, honor and justice. So you still have to prove a lot before you have earned that honor."
"True. But I believe you have the potential to become one, Shirou." Bedivere was convinced of that, which clearly showed on his face.
"Thank you for your faith. But I already have something I wish to become." Shirou stated firmly.
"Oh. May we know what it is you wish to be?" Tristan was now really curious. His face showed a hint of expectation. Bedivere too was interested.
"Ever since I was a kid I wanted to become a hero of justice." Shirou spoke confidently. "To save everyone." Bedivere and Tristan looked at each other with uncertainty. While they could agree with Shirou's wish to save people, his statement of saving everyone was just impossible which made them feel a bit worried.
"Ahum, Shirou. While we share with you the desire to protect people, I must point out that saving everybody is … well, impossible." Tristan said hesitantly. "It is just beyond human capabilities." Bedivere nodded in agreement.
"I know." Shirou sighed. "My father told me this as well and I understand. But the thought of not being able to save everybody just doesn't feel right. I don't like such biased justice."
"I can somewhat relate, but ..." Tristan continued.
"We have arrived." Bedivere cut him off. They stood in front of the double door leading to the great hall. "Alright then, Shirou. We will continue this talk another time. But now it is time for the ceremony."
Bedivere motioned to the guards who opened the double door in response. Shirou walked inside, flanked by Bedivere and Tristan. Two large tables laden with food stood on both sides of the hall. Servants stood along the walls, holding cans holding beverages.
Arturia sat on her throne with Guinevere seated on her left side. Merlin stood behind the throne along with Kay. Lancelot, Mordred, Gawain and Ector were lined up on the right and left side, along with other important looking people and knights.
Shirou saw Halinard and lord Haruid among them. When Shirou looked around further he spotted Ailletha and Eda. Eda smiled brightly and waved at him. Shirou returned the gesture. Shirou stopped in front of the stairs and Bedivere and Tristan went to the sides to stand next to their fellow knights.
Arturia stood up and stepped forward. She opened her mouth and spoke with a clear voice. "Welcome to all who hast gathered here. Today we are gathered here in honor of a man who, on several occasions has risked his life for the sake of others. He is a stranger from a far away land, but he has shown a measure of selflessness and dedication befitting for a knight and shall therefore be rewarded." She lowered the tone of her voice at the most important parts, keeping everybody at attention.
Then she looked at Shirou. "Emiya Shirou, you have saved the life of sir Gawain and the people who accompanied him. You have thrown yourself in front of me and caught a blow which was meant for me. And lastly you braved an inferno in order to save a child." She gestured at Gawain, herself and Eda respectively. "You did all this, knowing that it could have cost you your life. So, in light of your heroic deeds, you will be rewarded. Kneel, Emiya Shirou!"
Shirou did as he was instructed, like Bedivere had told him. A man stepped forward carrying a long object on a large velvet cushion, covered by a red, velvet cloth. The man was middle aged and Shirou noticed that his features bore some resemblance to Eda's. This must be her father. He removed the cloth to reveal a large, matte black bow. It had a simple, yet elegant design. It's grip looked like a curved handle, with a hand guard-like arrow rest in front of it.
Arturia took the bow and held it before Shirou. "Emiya Shirou, this bow made by Meldred is one of a kind. He poured all his knowledge and skill in it's creation. Furthermore thanks to Merlin it has received the blessing of the faeries. It's arrows will strike with great power and at great range. I hereby give you this bow as your reward."
Shirou took the bow with both hands and said. "I hereby gratefully accept this gift which you bestows upon me."
Arturia gestured with her right hand and said: "Rise, Emiya Shirou!" Shirou stood up and all those present gave an applause. "Now let the feast commence!" Arturia proclaimed, raising her right arm high in the air.
The servants came forward and started pouring ale and wine. Soon everybody was enjoying the party. Shirou was talking with Merlin about his training when Eda and her parents approached him.
"Ah, Eda-san, Ailletha-san. Glad to see that you're doing alright." Shirou greeted them with a smile. "And you must be Eda's father. Glad to meet you. I am Emiya Shirou." He made a small bow.
Meldred was a bit unsure about how to respond to Shirou's bow, but returned the bow nevertheless. "Good day to you, mister Emiya. I am Meldred." He said smiling. "Firstly, I wanted to thank you personally for saving me daughter." He patted Eda on her head. They both shared the same chestnut colored eyes.
"It was nothing. And thank you for the bow." Meldred smiled and nodded.
"This bow is a masterpiece. I will not make one like that ever again." He grinned widely. "And thanks too the king supplying the materials and Merlin aiding in it's creation, the bows power will be unrivaled."
"Indeed. So be sure you practice with it so you can master it's power." Merlin clasped his hands together. "And if you would excuse me. I have something to discuss with the king." Merlin walked over to Arturia, almost hopping. Then Eda gave a small yawn.
"It looks like Eda is a little tired." Meldred gave Eda a loving look. "My dear, shall we go home? Eda needs her sleep." Ailletha nodded in agreement and lifted Eda up.
"Oh, are you leaving already, mister Meldred?" Guinevere asked disappointed. "How unfortunate that you would not stay any longer."
"I am sorry for leaving so early." Meldred bowed. "And I would like to spend some private time with my wife and child as I hadn't much time to do so while I was working on the bow."
Guinevere gave a warm smile. "No need to apologize. I understand. Children need their sleep. I will have somebody escort you to the gates." Eda had now fallen asleep. She must have been very tired. "I will accompany you part of the way, though. I don't get to talk often with my subjects, aside from the servants."
"Thank you, your grace." Meldred said humbly while bowing again.
"Mister Shirou, you should attend the party further. I shall return momentarily." Guinevere advised.
"We bid you good day, mister Emiya. Until we meet again." Ailletha was holding Eda gently in her arms. Then they left, escorted by Guinevere.
The party lasted till late in the evening and everybody had enjoyed it. Before going to bed, Shirou decided to take a small stroll before going to sleep. When he arrived at the terrace garden he encountered Arturia, Kay, Ector and Guinevere. Apparently they were having a late night chat.
"Oh, look. Mister Shirou has come to join us." Ector was the first to notice him. "Out for a late night stroll, I see." His tone all serious.
"Yeah. I couldn't sleep just yet." Shirou walked over to them. "It was a nice party today."
"Indeed it was. It was unfortunate that mister Meldred had to leave so early." Guinevere gave a sad smile. "How do you like your new bow?"
"It was quite an honor, but it really wasn't necessary. It is … simply too much." Shirou finished.
"Ahho. No need to be so modest. You have rightfully earned it, lad." Ector laughed.
"A reward maybe. But I reckoned such a gift would have required a great feet of heroism." Shirou said, convinced of his argument.
"You are not entirely wrong on that part." Arturia explained, her tone neutral as always. "Firstly, you have risked your life for people you did not even know, on more than one occasion. You even shielded me from an attack. That alone would have earned you a sizable reward. But when it comes to a weapon blessed by the faeries, you are indeed correct. I expected Merlin to enchant it himself, so I was surprised when he revealed what he had planned. When I asked him, he told me that you would prove worthy of the gift in time." She put her fist in her side and looked at Shirou calmly.
"Did he really?" Shirou was surprised by this revelation.
"Merlin possesses the proof of the highest Mage, Clairvoyance. So he must have seen something in your future." Guinevere remarked. "I believe we can expect great things from you."
"I believe so too." Kay nodded, his face all serious.
Shirou felt uncertain in face of their claims. He merely smiled nervously. "Ehh, Thank you for your confidence in me." Shirou looked at them, unsure what to say. "Well..uhm. You know I have been wondering about this for some time now. But Merlin is rather youthful in his behavior for such an old man, is he not? It is quite surprising."
"That is because he is not an old man." Arturia sighed heavily in exasperation, putting her hands in her sides.
"Ah, so. Wait? What do you mean, he is not an old man!?"
"It's quite simple. Merlin is a very childish individual and he loves playing pranks as we have told you before." Arturia shook her head. The others nodded in agreement, with hopeless expressions. "He recently changed his appearance through suggestion magecraft to make himself look like an old man in order to fool people."
"He is a really bad guy." Shirou said softly. He suppressed a yawn. "Anyway. I think I will go to bed."
"A good idea. I think I will too." Arturia said. "Milady Guinevere, will you accompany me?"
"Later, my king. I want to spend some more time talking with sir Kay and sir Ector." Arturia merely nodded. "Good night."
When Arturia and Shirou were inside, Shirou noticed something. "Uhh, Arturia."
"Yes, Shirou?" She stopped and faced him.
"There is a dust bunny hanging in your hair." Shirou looked at the dust bunny hanging from a hair strand which stood straight up. Shirou had noticed it before. He thought that single strand of silly hair to be rather cute.
"Oh." She reached in her hair to brush it off. "Do I have it?"
"No, it's higher up. Wait I'll get it for you. May I?" She nodded. Shirou reached for the bunny.
When Arturia realized where Shirou was reaching, she became alarmed. "Wait! Shirou, don't!"
"Uhh?" Shirou uttered in surprise, but it was too late. He had touched the hair and he suddenly found himself flying through the air and crashing six meter further in an armchair. A moment later, Guinevere, Kay and Ector stormed in after hearing the commotion. There they saw Shirou squirming on top of the toppled armchair, with a worried Arturia trying to help him up.
"What happened?" Ector asked in confusion.
"That is what I want to know." Shirou grumbled as he managed to scramble up with Arturia's help. "I believe she just threw me through the room."
"My king?" Kay asked surprised.
"I am terribly sorry, Shirou. It was a reflex." Arturia reached up and plucked the bunny from her hair. Upon seeing her doing this, an expression of understanding appeared on everybody's face.
Shirou inspected himself. Looks like he wasn't hurt anywhere, aside from some bruises. "What was that all about?" Shirou asked groaning.
"I am terribly sorry. I did not think you would reach for that strand." Arturia sighed, looking all apologetic. Now Shirou thought about it. She threw him the moment he touched that strand of hair, as if he had triggered a conditioned reflex.
"It's okay. It doesn't look like I injured anything serious." Shirou rubbed his side.
"Haha! You touched her hair strand didn't you? Perhaps, we should have warned you about that." Kay laughed, as did Ector. Guinevere chuckled while covering her mouth.
"What's so special about that strand that she would react in such a way?" Shirou was more curious than angry.
"Well. It is a long story." Arturia began. "From before I united the kingdom."
"Indeed. Does the name Rience mean anything to you?" Ector asked, still rather amused.
Rience? Before Arturia united Britain? It indeed rang a bell. "Rience? As in king Rience." As it dawned to Shirou. "Ah, I remember. Wasn't he the one who decorated his robe with the beards of his defeated opponents?"
"Indeed." Arturia confirmed with a firm nod. "One day he send a messenger. In the message which he delivered, he told us how king Rience had conquered eleven other lords and had them swear fealty to him. How king Rience had cut of their beards and used them to decorated his robe." Arturia's expression turned firm as she recalled the events. "King Rience demanded that I would hand over my beard and bow before him ,swearing my undying loyalty. Or else he would kill me and destroy my kingdom"
"I can see how that would have been difficult." Since her body doesn't change ever since she pulled the sword from the stone and, more importantly, her being a girl.
"Indeed. Please don't interrupt." Arturia continued her story. "I said that I had neither beard to give, nor a knee to bow for him. And that it fact, it would be him who would bow before me and that I would separate his head from his person, not just his beard. That was my reply." Arturia smiled with satisfaction.
"As you can imagine, this infuriated king Rience." Ector joined. "And soon the messenger returned with Rience's reply."
"The messenger had described my appearance to his king and upon hearing it, Rience send me his reply. Saying how haughty I was and that he would shave off the hair standing on my head to use it to adorn mine robe!" Arturia continued.
Now it dawned to Shirou. "When he said 'hair', he meant that strand of hair?"
"Obviously." She was slightly annoyed by Shirou's interruption.
"Okay, I apologize for interrupting."
"Apology accepted. Well then, part of the battle that followed became a fight to see whether I could defend my hair or not. And consequentially, I had a duty to protect my strand of hair well, for the sake of my country."
"Indeed. And ever since then her opponents have provoked him by sneering at his hair, threatening to cut it, decorate it with a ribbon and whatnot." Kay explained further. "The battles were long and fierce, but in the end the king won with dignified victory." Arturia's expression was full of pride when Kay finsihed.
"So you see, mister Shirou, how important that one strand of hair is. Not even I am allowed to touch it." Guinevere's tone was dead serious. This was indeed serious, Shirou thought. If not even the queen was allowed to touch it.
"I take it you understand it now?" Arturia asked.
"I understand. I won't touch it again." Shirou promised with a smile. Arturia gave a satisfied nod.
"Thank you for your understanding. This strand is truly important."
"Agreed. I like it too. It looks really cute." Shirou grinned.
"Uhh? Shirou I must ask you not to make jokes like that." Arturia replied in surprise. A slight blush appeared on her cheeks. This did not escape from the others' attention. Especially Kay and Ector seemed pleasantly surprised.
"I think it is about time to grab some sleep." Shirou decided. "Good night to you all."
"Uh, yes. Good night to you." Arturia said as Shirou made his way to his chambers. He felt tired. He recalled what had just transpired. Never could he have imagined how important a single strand of hair could be. He grinned involuntarily. That hair really looked cute on her. Shirou liked it a little here. He would surely treasure the memories he made here. And since he still was going to stay here a little while longer, he figured he should enjoy it to the fullest. Unfortunately for him, he could not know of the troubles and challenges that lied ahead.