My Fix-It for Thranduil's and Tauriel's conversation near his jacuzzi

Thranduil was about to bathe after a long, stressful day, and he suddenly looked up. Someone was in his bedroom. "I know you're there. Why do you linger in the shadows?" He inquired, knowing full well who had come in without knocking.

Tauriel, a redheaded Silvan elf who was like a daughter to Thranduil, reluctantly revealed herself. "I was coming to report to you," she responded curtly.

"I thought I ordered that nest to be destroyed not two moons past," Thranduil told Tauriel sternly.

"We cleared the forest as ordered, my lord. But more spiders keep coming up from the South. They are spawning in the ruins of Dol Guldur," Tauriel explained to her king, "If we could kill them at their source..."

Thranduil held up his hand to silence her, pausing to ponder her suggestion. "I'll consider that idea, but that fortress lies beyond our borders."

"I have another concern: when we drive them off, what then? Will they not spread to other lands?" Tauriel pressed. The young elf-maiden cared more about the wider world and the greater good than she'd ever care to admit.

"I've been thinking about that. I'm not sure. I care about other lands, but they aren't my main concern," Thranduil returned. As the king of Mirkwood, he had to put his people first and other lands and those who inhabit them second despite caring as much as Tauriel.

"That's also what I wanted to talk to you about," Tauriel remarked warmly, "You've been a kind friend to me when I had none, and you were more like a father to me than my father and mother ever were, but I can't be happy knowing that there are people out there in similar situations to us who don't have a thing while we at least have a roof over our heads. I've seen too many in need to turn aside."

Thranduil listened carefully to her words, Tauriel had a good point, and he had seen similar, but he wasn't sure how to help. "What do you think we should do about it?" He asked cautiously.

"We should share what we have. We should provide aid and resources to those who need it. Lothlórien, Rivendell, The White Council, and all our other allies are already doing this for us, but we could do the same for those who don't have access to them whenever it's possible for us to do so," Tauriel rejoined as she explained her plan to Thranduil, "I've taken some notes and done some research on the matter, and-"

"Tauriel," Thranduil interrupted mournfully, "I...it's a good idea, but I'm not sure we should. Even if we have a roof over our heads, we are still in peril. As your king, and due to the dire situation we are in, I have to put our people first and foremost, more than ever now than before. I can't risk doing this, not yet," He sadly acknowledged her advice but turned it down because of the evil overtaking their kingdom.

Tauriel knew Thranduil might say that, and she recognized his stance on the matter in turn. "I understand that, my lord, but we are strong enough to help others and protect ourselves. Our situation is dire, but thanks to our allies, we have more than enough supplies to spare. In addition, there's been a surplus this year, so doing so wouldn't cause us harm."

Thranduil couldn't help but smile. While it was hard for him to admit when someone else was correct, he accepted Tauriel's perspective because he was secretly just as compassionate as she was. He just pretended he was mean and scary because of his trust issues. "You would make an amazing queen if you weren't so stubborn," He conceded.

"If I wanted to be queen, I would be a great one because I'm stubborn," Tauriel remarked with a chortle.

"You remind me so much of Legolas's mother," Thranduil complimented Tauriel sincerely for her resemblance to his late wife, "I won't just let the spiders spread to other lands because they'll attack anything that moves. I need some time to think about what to do about it. Until then, your task is to keep those foul creatures at bay. It's late: go get some rest."

"Thank you, my lord," Tauriel answered appreciatively, "Is there anything else I can do for you?" Tauriel implored.

"I wish to speak with my sister. Perhaps she'll have some ideas on what we can do about this," Thranduil replied, as Lady Calemir was the first person he'd go to for such advice, "Oh, and Tauriel?" Tauriel halted before she exited the room, "I've noticed Legolas is following you around like a little duckling. Be careful. I think he might like you, but he's only a boy. He wouldn't understand the connotations that would carry," Tauriel grimaced when Thranduil revealed this information to her.

"You're right," Tauriel affirmed, "Besides, I've no interest in romance at the moment."

"Don't tell anyone else at the palace, then. They'll take offense to the very idea of you not falling in love or getting married," Thranduil joked with her, knowing how snobby other nobles, royals, and even members of the royal court, regardless of their status, can be.

"Let them be scandalized," Tauriel rejoined as she left the room, "I don't have time to fall in love, nor do I want to. Besides, Legolas isn't into women," Tauriel thought silently.