⚠️Fathoms Below (Twisted Wonderland): Crowley's Backstory

⚠️CW: This takes heavy inspiration from the story of real life Empress Elisabeth of Austria (Sisi), but it only borrows elements from her tale. I have no intentions of trivializing the real history and the real Elisabeth, I was just inspired by her story to make a backstory for Crowley. This was also partly inspired by Lilith's story from Shining Nikki.

Crowley and Levan are twin brothers. Crowley had feelings for Meleanor, but Meleanor preferred Levan, and everyone always chose Levan over him, even when Levan was a radical who was hated for advocating for peace between the humans and fae (as a half-human half-raven fae, he couldn't hate what he was or pick between both sides of his family, let alone choose one over the other), Dire Crowley was hated more. Why would anyone love or believe in him when Levan was right there and the better pick of the patch? Mulan and Shang loved both their sons equally and tried to be good parents, but their war trauma complicated things, so Crowley grew up in a loving environment, but an environment that was also unstable. As such, Crowley would often travel and run away from his problems until he got married to one of the disciples of Aphrodite's temple from back in the day after she got sucked into Twisted Wonderland, Areia. Crowley would continue to run away from his problems due to his experiences, and Areia neglected him in turn after being neglected by him. He only conceived three children with her, but his controlling parents in-law, Agamemnon and Pamvasíleia Jupiter themselves, took them all away from him, and after all he had been through, that was the final straw that caused him to harden his heart and made him into the neglectful, incompetent crow fae we know today.

However, his Agamemnon and Pamvasíleia had a change of heart and tried to reconcile with him, but Crowley was unwilling to forgive and said hateful words towards them and wished they were dead. Unfortunately, Crowley got his wish.

Agamemnon was having an affair and Crowley's children and Pamvasíleia found out. Pamvasíleia then killed the mistress, her husband, two out of three of Crowley's children, and herself in a murder-suicide while his only surviving kid escaped and Crowley blamed himself for it. Because of how well-loved Agamemnon and Pamvasíleia were, Crowley was attacked in the streets after his death wishes towards them were exposed, but Areia bravely fought them off, only to become mortally wounded. This made Crowley soften towards her and they developed a close bond as she healed in the hospital, and while he would still not come home, this was because now he was looking for his surviving child as much as he was trying to escape from everything.

Areia decided to try and help him as best she could, tormented by the her love for him and went to the palace she built for him in his honor, which was his main residence, and would serenade him whether he was home or away traveling. One day, Crowley came home and heard Areia sing to him, and came to his balcony. However, she had never truly recovered from her wounds and got very sick due to what medicine was like back in the day and collapsed, declaring that she loved him with her dying breath. In his grief, Crowley only further spiraled into despair and madness, and disappeared off the face of the earth for a long time.

Crowley wasn't seen for centuries until he was found by Sam on one of Sam's adventures with his friends from the other side, and he offered him a position at Night Raven College. He was given the position of an intern to the real headmaster, one of two of Snow White's and Grimhilde's vulture friends, the only remaining companion of the great seven who was alive at that time. However, Chernabog was still dwelling in the depths, scattered, but not dead, beginning to stir. The vulture went away on a diplomatic mission to find out what was going on, but never returned. There was no replacement for her, forcing Crowley to take up the mantel despite not having the adequate skills to do so as none of the other teachers were qualified or had experience either. Yet all that would change when the dark mirror would summon a band of peculiar students not from Twisted Wonderland, these students would open his heart once again.