³² ʰᵉᵃʳᵗᵇʳᵉᵃᵏ ᵖʳⁱⁿᶜᵉ

Oikawa was never someone I found personally attractive; physically, yes, however in my mind he is never more than a friend

Oikawa was never someone I found personally attractive; physically, yes, however in my mind he is never more than a friend. And ever since I started dating Suna months ago I haven't gotten much time to hang out with him despite him being a long time friend.

And now since I had asked him to take me to Suna's house I have a chance to catch up with him.

"Tooru!" I called out, hurriedly approaching the car he had pulled up in. His signature flirtatious smirk spread across his face through the tinted glass of his car.

"Y/n," He cooed as I hopped in, "Got everything?"

"Yeah," I smiled, immediately plugging in my phone to the aux, "Thanks for skipping practice to drop me off, you didn't have to."

"You literally forced me too," He said playfully, a grin spreading across his lips.

"No I didn't!"

"Uh huh," He mumbled as we drove out of my small neighborhood and onto the main road leading to my destination. It was silent apart from the slight hum of the engine and my personal playlist, SZA playing in the background noise.

We were stuck in after-work traffic under the beaming rays of the sun as it set slowly into the horizon line, "So, how's life?" Oikawa's sudden voice ripped my attention from the highway to him.

"Oh, good. I've been pretty busy actually... with Suna and such," I thought for a moment, "Still have hundreds of fan girls waiting at your beck and call?" I let slip a mischievous giggle.

"Hah, yeah," He winked, "I got hoes."

"Ew, do not talk like that," I flicked his forehead. We started to drive again, the evening traffic cooling down.

"So you never really told me how you and Suna met," He egged on whilst making a right turn.

"Okay, so long story short, I met this guy, Atsumu, via TikTok and then he added me to a discord server with all his volleyball buddies," I shrugged with a smile as I remembered our long midnight talks about stupid shit, "Poof a love story."

Oikawa didn't respond immediately. A small uncomfortable pause swept over us as he deciphered something in his brain. I could tell he was thinking but I couldn't tell what about. I bit my lip with anticipation.

"That's good," He finally spoke, "At least he's not treating you like shit right?"

I was a bit confused by his sentiment. I watched as his eyes stayed on the road without blinking, "I mean... yeah. He's honestly perfect for me."

"How far have the two of you gone?" His knuckles turned white on the steering wheel. I was beginning to feel a bit annoyed by his sudden interrogation. We hadn't spoken for a few months and yet he thought now's the time to get a run down on my poor boyfriend. Was he mad I hadn't spoken to him for so long? We still have spoken just not long enough to actually catch up with each other... Actually, he was the one who started to distance himself from me after I met Suna and the other boys.

Was he fucking jealous?

"Um... I don't really want to talk to you about that..."

"Why? I thought we were good friends?" He sounded harsh but I held back the anger bubbling inside of me. He was giving me a drive to Suna's, I just needed to stick it out.

"We are Tooru," I said with warning in my voice, "Just back off a bit."

He rolled his eyes, "Was just wondering."

Another silence fell on us as we both sat silently with eyes on the road. Something shifted in the atmosphere, something I couldn't quite understand. I didn't know why Oikawa, someone I loved dearly, was this way. So damn inappropriate and borderline jealous.

But for some reason a sense of guilt pooled in my stomach.

Was I to blame for his odd behavior? I knew I wasn't but for some reason it consumed me and soon enough I was mumbling stupid words.

"Are... are you mad at me, Kawa?"

 are you mad at me, Kawa?"