Photo Book (Welcome to Shogo AU)

"Do you hate me mom?"

In the rare instances his mother was around the house, Shogo finally broke the question during dinner. These days, he couldn't even get a conversation out of her. Originally, it's been casual "how are you's," and "that's nice, honey's" but now it has been replaced with silence. His father avoided the house like the plague and she was always doing what she could to pick up the slack. His mother quietly put her fork down, but in the atmosphere it may as well been a bomb going off.

"Forget about it," Shogo was about to take another bite when she sniffled a tear in.

"I don't know!" She ran out the room, fully bursting into tears. Shogo shrugged. He figured as much.

He was after all, a stranger in a stranger's body. He barely had a vague idea of who Shogo was before the car accident, only imagining his mother's pain when she continued to have to go to his funeral every day. Shogo, for now, had to be soulmates with the old Shogo and he didn't even know him. His questions at his own funeral his mother attends were probably very different.

Did she miss the old Shogo? What about the new Shogo? Akako made it clear she was not a fan of him, regardless of who was piloting Shogo's body. Not that Shogo would tell her. She was angry at Shogo. He survived the car crash but the truth was, the old Shogo did not survive that fateful night.

He felt bad for springing that question on his mother and made a note to apologize to her the next time he sees her.