Chapter 3

The next morning, Stephen could feel the stares and hear the quiet murmurs as he entered the classroom. He glanced over at everyone to see if they were going to pick a fight with him. They either averted their gazes or glared back. Stephen took his seat at the front of the classroom and was about to go on his phone when he was interrupted.

"Everybody shut up," Phillip Kim shoved his way through the crowd of students. He grabbed a seat and sat down right in front of Stephen with a pose full of overconfidence. "You. The rumors say you beat up Colton Choi, Royce Na, and Eddie Moore at the bridge passage yesterday, then fled the scene. That true?"

"So what?" Stephen wasn't intimidated at all.

"I could care less about that idiot Colton, but one of the others you beat, Royce is my cousin," Phillip said. "And so...I'll just accept your apology and leave it at that. You should know who I am, so yeah,"

Eugene Gale, despite not being the one spoken to, was affected by Phillip's presence. 'Yeah, you're Phillip Kim, the one who conquered Imdo Middle School before coming here,'

'He's all talk,' Stephen smirked. 'I bet he can't even fight. Normally, rather than just asking for an apology, a delinquent would beat the shit out of the person who bothered them. This fucker...' "Fuck off!" 'He reminds me of that bitch Oswald Yang!' "I don't know who you are nor do I give a shit!" 'Come at me and I'll beat you into a bloody pulp!'

"Why you fu—"

"HAHAHAHAHA!"

Stephen glanced over to the source of the laughter: a tan skinned boy with red hair who had walked over to behind Phillip. "I told you, dumbass, Imdo Middle School is the weakest school out there. No one cares about your status there, ya dodo," He gripped Phillip's shoulder with enough strength to cause the latter to visibly tense up and grimace. "And I also told you that I'd kill you if you act like you're all that around here. So strop trying to act tough with that raggedy mask on in someone else's class and go back to your own,"

'Oswald 2.0 is visibly terrified of that new guy,' Stephen observed. 'That means either one, even if he has a lot of money and connections, he can still get beaten up and the attackers won't suffer any consequences. Or two, the red haired guy has more money and power than Oswald 2.0,'

"And you extras in the back...get the fuck out,"

'I need to watch out for that red haired guy,' Stephen narrowed his eyes. 'I can already see that he has actual muscles, meaning he's not just all bark no bite. He has the strength to back up his words. If he decides to fight me...can I even win?' Rage surged throughout his body at the thought of losing. 'No, if anyone picks a fight with me, I have to win! I won't lose!'

"Sorry for making a scene," Ben apologized and dragged Phillip out. "Now get back to studying, everyone!"

'Huh?' Stephen's rage turned into confusion. 'He wasn't here to pick a fight?'

Eugene stared at Stephen in awe. 'What was that? Ben Park apologizing to him? This guy, he's so...He's got the skills alright. But in addition, he's brave and also pretty damn lucky! I have a feeling that this is going to be a peaceful school year. He doesn't look like he'll bully others and just minds his own business,'

"Hey Glasses,"

'Eep!' Eugene was startled by Stephen suddenly speaking to him. "Y-Yes?"

"Who were those two?"

'He actually had no idea who they were!?' Eugene gasped in shock. "T-The guy in the mask was Phillip Kim, who was the Number One in Imdo Middle School and the current Number One of Class One. He's rich and powerful,"