In the Moment

Requested by @JinsLoyalFollower :"H3llo!! Would you be able to Do a syntax x huntsman for shits and giggles cause it's one of my favorite rarepair" 

⚠SHIP CONTENT⚠ Syntax x Huntsman. 

His body felt heavy, his eyelids somehow heavier. It was a similar feeling to being on drugs; he would know he was a scientist so he would need to experiment. They started to fall forward but caught themself, then again. Then he felt gravity seem to pull harder and there was an arm on his back to keep him from falling. 

"Are you okay?" Syntax barely heard the words in his dazed state.

"What?" He croaked out, leaning a bit more heavily into what was holding him, who rather.

"Are you okay?" The repeated words came through a bit more clearly than before. Syntax shifted his weight, finding a dull buzz flooding through his body. "You fell asleep on your feet." He looked over at the speaker, who surprisingly turned out to be a Huntsman. He looked irritated. 

"'m fine," Syntax muttered as he started to doze off again. 

"Fucking hell," The other spider demon muttered scooping him up with no effort. Though, this wasn't due to the other being underweight. Syn would have, any other time, been screaming at him to put him down. This time though, they were almost asleep. It was a nice change. 

Huntsman took him to a room, which was a hole in the wall of the cave, and nearly threw them onto the webbed hammock-like bed. All the while muttering insults at the sleeping scientist. He moved taking off the scientist's jacket and leaving it hanging in the room before leaving. 

Several slow hours crawled by with nothing to do, their queen was silent but seemed to be in a good mood. Strong Spider had been out for the day doing who knows what. It was a rather uneventful day, which Huntsman blames for him going back into the room. He blames the lack of activities for him finding the scientist a bit, only a bit, cute when he sleeps. And it was only one thing he found semi cute he would tell himself. Though he can't blame the uneventfulness for him going over and untangling his hair from the webs, or Syntax grabbing him and tugging him onto the bed, using him for warmth. 

"So I'm just your personal heater now?" He said. Of course he didn't mean to sound so fond of the scientist. He wasn't fond, Syn was a pain in his ass. Yeah, and maybe he smiled when the response he got was a tired hum and a snuggle closer, but that was no one's business. He wouldn't admit to anyone that he is fond of the scientist but in the moment when he wrapped his arms around him and started to doze off as well, he could no longer deny it. 

"I am very fond of you," He said, holding his breath. 

"I am fond of you too," Syntax said back, but the hunter's heart ached for it was only a tired moment of truth. For these are the only times they will let themselves be adoring to one another.

A breath of relief. 

A sigh of content. 

Which left who, they won't tell. They fell asleep together, and that's all the mattered in the moment. 

HEYO!! This was my first time writing this pairing, so i really hope you enjoyed reading it. and srry if it sucks :(