Something Reckless

Request from: @legosaresocool 

"Woah, you're getting pretty fast, bud!" MK felt a sense of pride swell in his chest, "But! Watch your surroundings!" Monkie King wrapped his tail around Mk's leg like he has done before and threw him back with a swift motion. This time the Monkie Kid landed on his feet and lunged forward with the staff, taking Wukong off guard. Mk got a good hit sending him a couple feet back. Mk gave a smirk. Sun Wukong just smiled, fond of the kid's cockiness. 

"Eh- pretty good, bud," He laughed. They spared for a while after that, back and forth, not a clear winner. Until Monkie King got his hands on the staff and threw MK into sum bushes. 

"Alright, now tell me how I won." He held the staff an end sitting on the dirt.

"You took the staff and threw me into the bushes," Mk stumbled out onto the ground. "You let your guard down, you GAVE me your staff," Wukong responded as he handed the staff back to Mk, "Protect your chest, and don't let go of your weapon, okay? Class dismissed!" He finally relaxed his stance and put his hands on his hips. 

"So, you heading back to Pigsy's?" He asked, taking a glance at the distant city. 

"Oh, yeah, I promised Pigsy I would make up lost hours today," He rubs the back of his neck a bit after he puts the staff back in his ear. 

"Want a ride?" 

"Sur- oh." They jumped as a loud bang went off in the city. "Oh no." Mk brought his staff back out and went to get a running start but felt stopped. Wukong had his tail wrapped around his waist. 

"I got this one, Bud. You stay here and chill. Wouldn't want you to get hurt and have to skip work again, now would you?" Without waiting for a response Monkie Kid summoned his Nimbus and flew off. Mk stared for several minutes at the spot Monkie King was once in. For the first time since the fight with the Lady Bone Demon he felt truly alone. He shook his head quickly and followed using the staff.  

Upon arrival Mk finds Monkie King fighting a demon he has never seen before. To his surprise Wukong seems to be having a harder time fighting the demon then he normally would. Then he watches as he gets thrown through a wall. Wukong gets up off the ground, his back turned and slowly recovering from the collision. The demon lunges forward to strike. 

Everything happens so fast he forgets to think. His legs move on their own, running forward and taking the blow, every ounce of air being knocked out of his lungs. He gets sent flying back through the other wall of the building.  Everything hurts, the world around him is blurry. 

"BUD?!" It's faint but he hears it. Monkie King. Everything goes black. The monkie king finishes off the demon, brutally ending its life, and rushes over to his kid. "Mk??" He breathes out, sliding next to the unconscious boy. He reaches to move him but the back of his neck it wet, he pulls his hand back. Pure horror rushes over him, blood, a lot of blood. He just stares at his hand. The sound of a motorcycle comes around the area, accompanied by the ringing in his ears.  

"MK?" A girl's voice calls out. "Noodle boy?" Another voice follows. Red Son and Mei walk around the deceased demon and look for their friend only to find Monkie King? 

"Monkie King? Where's MK, I thought you-" She freezes as she finally sees him. "Red boy, use my phone and call Pigsy. Tell him to clear the noodle shop." All he does is nod and takes her phone; he walks a good distance before calling. Mei walks over and crouches next to Wukong. She reaches in front of him and picks up Mk with surprising ease. Monkie King follows her with his eyes. When did she get so strong or was she always this strong? She stands up and just walks off, in a rush, to get him medical attention. His face is hot, his eyes burn, have they ever burnt like this before? There is a tug at his shirt. He can't lift his head. There are arms under his, lifting him onto his feet, then keeping to one side and leading him. The motorcycle speeds off. Who is with him then, he looks up a bit to see a red sleeve. Red Son. 

"He, uh, is in good hands," He can't respond, nothing comes out. How funny, the Great Sage Equal to Heaven at a loss of words. 

How he got to the noodle shop he can't remember, but he's sitting in Mk's bedroom. 

"Mr. Monkie King?" The guy with glasses calls for his attention, "You really should sleep. Mk will be fine." He looked up at the guy then over at Mk, he was all patched up and sleeping. 

"Not until he wakes up." 

"He's been out for three hours now."

"Three hours?" He was shocked, three hours he's been sitting here just waiting for his kid to wake up. 

"Three hours what?" Both they both jumped and looked at the bed. 

"KID!" He couldn't stop himself from lunging forward and hugging him. Mk flinches, his back badly bruised from the impact. Wukong quickly let's go of him. "I'm sorry, I forgot, I should have, I, I told you to stay back!" Mk watched him. He sits up, ignoring the pain going through him. 

"WOAH! HEY, LAY BACK DOWN!" Monkie King tries to push him down, only to be pulled into a hug. 

"It's not your fault," He says. 

"Whatt, I know that, bud." 

"Accept it, it's not your fault. I was being reckless." 

"I guess, we were both being reckless." 

Pigsy came to check on them after about thirty minutes. They're both asleep. 

PLEASE GIVE ME MORE REQUESTS I'M GETTING RUSTY :(  (Also as a note, this is also on a03 and I do not copy the requests on them to each other so both are different  :>)