When the Battle's Over

After the Lady Bone Demon's defeat, the Monkie Mech crumbled to the ground around the team. There was silence, dead silence. The team stared at the wreckage of the world around them unsure of what to do next. Pigsy put a quiet arm around Tang. Silence. 

No one dared speak. There was silence, tense silence. 

"It's over," The voice made them jump, the Monkie King. "It's over," Mk repeated back. A long pause choked all around. 

"We won." Mk turned towards them once again, "WE WON!" He jumped into the air as he threw his arms up, the staff was abandoned on the ground as he hugged Red Son and Mei. They cheered.  For a silent moment between two, Macaque and Sun Wukong shared a look and a small squeeze of hands as relief flooded them both. They won. Sandy embraced the whole group. 

"We did it!" He shouted. 

"Nice job, kids," Pigsy nodded to the traffic light trio. Mk just smiled and waved his hands as much as he could, "It was all of us, we all won." The embrace was lost and MK walked a couple steps and picked up his staff, then looked at the clearing sky. A weight was lifted from his shoulders. 

"We won." And he let go, collapsing backwards onto the ground. 

"Mk!?" 
"Kid?!" 
"Noodle boy?!" 

There was white. 

"Save your hero speech, child. I've existed long enough to know when it's over."

"You still think the universe really wants anything, from any of us?" Mk asked.
"Don't you?
"I- try not to think too hard." He rubbed the back of his neck, averting his eyes. 

"So it would seem. Know this monkey, you and I are not so different. We both fight for what we think is right, that pursuit only leads to one thing."

"Hmmh, to destiny, right?" He replied.
"No, to pain." With that she faded from existence. He watched, now alone in the white. 
"MK! WAKE UP!" He was pulled from the white back to reality. Everyone was standing around him, seemingly upset. His head felt so heavy, but he felt relieved still. Monkie King hoisted him up onto his feet. 
"You did good, bud." Before he could respond he was pulled into another tight hug but he was shocked to find it had been Red Son hugging him this time, Mei as well. He smiled and hugged them both back. 
"How about I make us all some noodles?" Pigsy offered. They all agreed. 

I know I haven't updated this in a hot minute, so I decided to fill in the blanks at the end of the special mainly because I am bored. And I don't want to write about season 4 yet.