8 Pt. One

The pair advance closer, Nadja antsy with anticipation. But just as they reach an open road separating them between the other side of the city, a vehicle can be heard making approach. They duck down in the casted shadows of the building they stood aside as the golden hour made its way in time, draping an orange glow over the city. 

Within the vehicle were four armed men all wearing decent gear and scarves over their faces. They pull off the street and cut through a half-wall surrounding a business building just on the corner of the block where beyond the wall, it can be heard shutting off. Nadja tightens her lip with determination as her eyes stay glued ahead. "The golden building is just around the corner and down the block. Let's stay quiet, we have no idea how many of them we could face ahead." She commands with a quiet tone, looking over to Konig who nods in response as they hurry across the street with their weapons tight to their chests, making approach to a bus stop just at the half-wall.

There on the walls of the bus stop was a detailed map of the city surrounding them and all the routes the bus would've taken. She points to the bright golden building colored on the map, a look of determination overtaking her expression as she breaks off from the stop, cutting behind the half-wall and hiding behind a set of decorative bushes, Konig crouching just behind her.

There, over the bushes and a block down the street they spotted their target building, just the top of it behind the other towers surrounding it as the suns glare bounced off its golden exterior, reflecting back at them. But between them and their target were several men all heavily armed, more than the previous four they'd counted.

They were posted and ready, as if they knew Nadja was coming. She lets out a sigh as she looks up above, the sun gleaming into her brown eyes. Konig glances over to her, but just as he looks away, he finds himself making a double take, staring at her through the edge of his mask.

He was taken aback by her eyes alone, a beauty that had captivated him. But sudden anxiety overcame him as he breaks away, looking back ahead with the image of her eyes glowing stained in his mind.

"Alright," She begins, crouching back down and facing Konig who looks down to his feet, resting into his shotgun that stood straight up like a cane. "We could try and fight our way through them, but I'm worried there may be more on patrol that we can't see, even some in the buildings around us. Let's cut through there--" She points ahead to the building they hid across within the half-walls. "We can clear out anyone who may be inside and cut straight through the alleyways for our target building." She looks over to Konig for assurance, noticing his attention was elsewhere.

Her brows kneaded together as she tilts her head. "Are you listening?" She asks demandingly.

"Yes! Er-- We cut through the building. I heard you." He looks up, immediately looking away at the confrontation of her eye contact.

She rolls her eyes and faces ahead. "I just hope you're taking this mission seriously." She mumbles, raising to a low crouch as she sneaks around the bushes and runs for the buildings entrance.

Konig watches her separate from him, an immense amount of anxiety spiking as his thoughts flooded his mind. He finally followed behind her, catching up as she kept her eyes to the left of them where the AQ's all stood, the pair going unnoticed as they approach the entrance doors.

His attention was stolen by the simple image burned in his mind, fighting his own thoughts to keep on the mission, but it was difficult. He knew he wasn't nervous about task, yet his heart raced against his chest seemingly without reason, unable to comprehend how he could be so distracted by someone he's looked at a thousand times by now.

Nadja slowly opens the door to the first floor of the building, chaos having passed inside as trash and dust was covering the floors. Their weapons were aimed, scouting the grounds as they swept through, Konig keeping distance behind as his mind was preoccupied, his eye looking down the iron-sight yet his focus remaining shaky.