05. after two years

Richard was very nervous. Today was the day when he would see his ex-girlfriend again after two years. 

He and his manager were already in a building unknown to them. They walked towards the elevator that was supposed to help them get to the office where they would meet Nina and Jenn. 

The brunette was already in the room and couldn't keep calm. "I'm seriously going to jump out of that window."

"Nini," the woman sighed. "it's just one meeting. Just a few hours."

"That's a few hours more than needed."

"Look," Jenn grabbed her hand. "I know this is hard for you and I'm really sorry you have to go through this but you can do it. You can look him in the eye and be professional, I know you can."

"I just don't know what to say to him." 

Before the woman could reply, they both heard a knock on the door. 

Nina froze. She knew that she would see him today, but it didn't feel real until now. 

A few seconds later, the wooden door opened and a red-haired young woman, Jenn's assistant, stepped into the room. 

"Sorry to disturb you, but your guests have arrived." she said pointing to two men walking inside. 

Ricky's eyes immediately met Nini's. They both didn't know what to do or say, so they just looked at each other silently. 

"Welcome." the woman said with a nice smile, breaking the long eye contact the young adults had. 

"Thank you very much for the invitation, we are excited to be here." Zack said and Nini was surprised by his nice behavior. "Jenn this is my client Richard, I believe you haven't met yet."

"You're right, we haven't." she nodded her head. "It's so nice to meet you." 

"The pleasure is mine." Ricky shook the woman's hand. 

"And I am familiar with the fact that you two need no introduction." Zack said thinking of the brunette and the curly haired boy. 

Suddenly there was an awkward silence. Neither of them knew what to say. 

"Um so should we get started?" Jenn asked and the other manager nodded. "Please sit down." 

And so they did. Everyone sat in a chair. Nini and Ricky were not sitting next to each other because there was a man in a suit between them. 

"So we agreed to record a christmas song." Jenn started. "The song would be published on December 24th and the first time people will be able to hear it is when you sing it together at the annual Christmas benefit concert."

"Is it really necessary to sing it live?" the brunette interrupted her manager. 

"Unfortunately yes, the label will not back down on this. They think it's the perfect way to show the world this new song." she explained to her. 

"We have been working with this talented songwriter for the past three years and every song she has written has been successful, so in my opinion she should write this song as well." Zack said. 

"No." Nini replied. 

Ricky smiled a little because he immediately knew that the girl would not agree to this. 

"I don't work like that." she told him. "I write my own songs, I don't let anyone else do my work for me and I'm not going to start now. So I'll write the song."

"Nini has written every single song on every one of her albums so I'm sure she can do this." Jenn supported the brunette. 

"Okay then, I'll trust you that you can do it, but I need to have the song ready at least two weeks before the concert."

"But then I only have two weeks to write it." 

"If you think you can't do it, our songwriter definitely can." Zack told the girl. 

"I can do it. In two weeks you will have the whole song ready."

"I would like to help." the boy suddenly said. 

"What?" Nina asked quietly, not understanding. 

"I want to help write the song." he explained to them. 

"No, that's not necessary, I can do it myself."

"It will be my song too and I want to help write it." the boy looked into Nina's eyes for the first time in this conversation. 

"Ricky, we've talked about this before, you're not going to write any songs." Zack gave him a stern look. 

"You let her." Ricky pointed a finger at Nina in frustration. "So what you trust her more than me?" 

"She has talent." the man shrugged. "You can sing but you can not write a song."

"That's not true." Nina suddenly said. 

She didn't even know why she said it out loud. She thought it but didn't really want to say it. Everyone looked at her in shock, but the most surprised was the curly-haired boy who didn't expect the girl to stand up for him, rather he thought she would agree with his manager.

"Um I- I mean I think Richard is capable of writing a good song. He has the talent." she told them looking down at the ground. 

"Okay so agreed." Jenn smiled. "Ricky and Nini will write this song together."

"Wait, no! That's not what I meant." the brunette shook her head quickly.

"Done, we already agreed." the woman told her. "Zack and I are now going to work out something about the contract and you can decide when you will start writing." she said and before anyone could say anything the two adults stood up and walked out of the room. Richard and Nina just watched them leave. 

The boy sighed and looked at her. "Uh I- I'm free on Saturday. You?" 

Nini rolled her eyes in annoyance.

.

tomorrow is christmas day!!!

I hope your Christmas will be perfect, thanks for all the support, Sof♡