12. a dress

Nina was happy with how her and Ricky's performance turned out, but at the same time she felt a little nervous from something that felt like fireworks in her stomach. She wasn't exactly sure what that meant, but she knew she shouldn't feel it.

"Hey babe." she said with a small smile to her boyfriend.

But he didn't show her a smile and just said. "Hey."

She could see that he was angry about something and she was afraid that it was the fact that she couldn't take her eyes off Ricky while singing, but she prayed that Theo didn't notice.

"So what did you think of the song?"

"I don't know." he shrugged. "It was good I guess."

The brunette was a little disappointed by his answer, but she didn't want to show it. "Thank you."

She saw the boy's eyes look at something in the distance. A person. Tall with curly hair. Ricky.

"Why don't you go change?" he suddenly asked her.

"I don't know, I like this dress better." Nini replied. "Plus, they are much more comfortable than the ones before." she said with a smile looking at the beautiful gold sparkling dress. But when she looked up and saw how her boyfriend was frowning, the smile disappeared. "You don't like them?"

"Richard has a matching suit with that dress." he replied looking at the boy once more. "It looks like you are a couple."

"But we are not." Nina shook her head. "And everyone knows it. But this dress is beautiful. I love it-"

"Okay." Theo nodded, cutting her off.

"Okay?"

"Okay, if you want to match with your ex-boyfriend, go for it." he told her angrily.

"You don't get it."

"No you don't get it." he said moving closer to her. "I don't want you wearing that dress. Go change."

Nini was taken aback by the boy's behavior. He was always so nice so she asked herself what happened.

The brunette turned and wanted to walk away but Theo grabbed her wrist before she could.

"Wait." she looked back into his eyes and waited for what he would say. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I have no right to tell you what you can and can't wear." he told her. "I just haven't been feeling well since Bowen has been here. I mean he's your ex-boyfriend and it killed me to know how much time you have been spending locked in the same room together. I guess I'm just glad it's over now."

Over.

It was over, wasn't it?

Nina was aware that their cooperation had ended. But then why was she still surprised when she heard that word. Over. The end.

"You don't have to go change. Sorry." her boyfriend continued. "I just feel weird seeing how you and Richard match."

Even though she didn't want to, Nini showed him a small smile. "I am sorry. It's a beautiful dress but it's not worth you feeling bad. I'm going to change."

"But you don't have to."

"But I want to."

She didn't want to. But she thought it was the right thing to say.

"Okay thank you." he gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I love you."

"Yeah, you too."

And she left to change into dress that she didn't even like.

.
hello hello again!