• Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"Good Luck Charm"

'I'll be making love to her through you, so let me keep my eyes closed' — The Weeknd

Amir
————♕————

"Thank you for helping me get him to bed." Charm thanks me, scratching her forehead as she closed the bedroom door on Roc, who was sprawled across king-sized bed in a drunken sleep. "I guess he was just excited to be back wit y'all again, he never gets fucked up like that."

"Don't even mention it. Ion' know who's worse, him or Khalil's ass." I chuckle, remembering that Khalil was passed out drunk in the backseat of my whip. He better not throw up in my shit or that bill for a top of the line detailing will be on him.

Old habits die hard I guess.

"Pshh, don't even get me started on him." She shakes her head, leaning up against the wall beside the bedroom door. "Matter of a fact, all of y'all niggas used to be wild back when we were in high school. Not just Roc and Khalil."

"If I recall correctly, it wasn't just us. You and ya' girls was off the chain too, shit we ran the south side of Memphis. Nobody couldn't tell us shit."

"Yeah we did. Until you and Shi picked up and left after graduation. Until you left me after graduation." She mutters, folding her arms across her chest and looking down at the dark polished hardwood floors.

"Why did I know you was about to go there?" I crack a smile. "That was a long time ago Charm, plus you don't look too beat up over it to me."

"Why because I'm with him?!" She whispers in a harsh tone, pointing towards the bedroom. "You fuckin' left me! What else was I supposed to do?!"

"I never asked you to choose Char—.."

"You didn't have to, because I would've chose you over anybody and you know that!" She argues back. "I waited for you that night and instead you tried to leave the city with that bitch Sasha instead, how did that turn out for you?"

"What? You really just said that all casual? Like y'all wasn't tight when we was growing up?" I question her, caught off guard by what she said.

"I was literally fucking you the entire time y'all were together. I didn't give a fuck about that girl. Not for real." She says, using a tone as if I should've known that. "Just like you didn't care that I was Roc's girl and y'all used to be around each other every single day! So let's not put all the blame on me!"

"Why you can't just leave the shit alone? What is this? Why you bringing this up to me right now?" I ask. "You know what, I ain't really tryna go down memory lane wit'chu so I'ma slide."

"Scar.. wait." She said, grabbing my hand as soon as I turned around to leave the two bedroom guest house behind Milan and Shi's crib. "Stay."

"No. Stay for what? I ain't even been in business wit the man for 24 hours yet and you tryna' do what exactly? We can't start this shit again ma."

"But I miss you.." She retorts in a seductive tone, almost like a moan. "It's been five years since we've been in the same city, don't tell me you didn't miss me because I know you did. Don't fight it."