• Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

"Beauty & The Beast"

'If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room would you trust it?' — Wale

Amir
————♕————

"Babe what is he saying?" Ari laughs, rubbing my head as I pressed my ear up against her small baby bump.

"He said you need to stop slackin' and let his daddy get some." I tell her, rubbing on her smooth legs.

"Oh hush he did not! His daddy has been getting some, that's how we ended up here in the first place." She says matter-of-factly, sitting up on her elbows. "I'll tell you what.. if you go get my ice cream out the freezer I'll suck your dick."

"I've cream for breakfast, yo' stomach gon' be fucked up. But I'm a get it though, tsss I ain't turnin' down no head."

"If you do that, I'll ride it." She jokes, watching me grab my forearm-crutches and lift myself off the bed.

"You full of shit. You know that?" I chuckle, already knowing her ass was capping as I left out of the room.

On my way to the kitchen I couldn't help but think about how I would've been off these fuckin' crutches if I ain't wait so long after leaving the hospital to start physical therapy. Mu'fucka's didn't understand where I was comin from, I was in a dark ass place. I spent the first six months in my room with the blackout curtains coverin the windows.

All Shi wanted to talk about was how he thought Roc was behind the hit and how he wanted to handle it, that shit was the last thing on my mind dawg. I woke up from a coma and I couldn't even use my legs.

For a second I wished I had died that night and just went out like a real nigga, no offense or nothin but I couldn't imagine spendin the rest of my life in no wheelchair after bein able to move around the way I wanted for twenty-seven years.

If it wasn't for Ariana, Ion' know where I would be. She was one of my nurses when I was in the hospital. She didn't even work at NorthSide Hospital when we met, she was just filling in that day since they were having a staff shortage or some shit.

We ended up exchanging number 'cause she wanted to recommend me to a physical therapist, who I later found out was her sorority sister.

It's been a long ass road but I'm finally gettin off my crutches in a few months, just in time for the birth of my son. Ari's only four months pregnant now so we have a little time between now and then. I'm tryna to go about things the right way this time around so I'm not on none of that fuck shit like I was before.

Ariana's perfect, in every since of the word. She comes from a good family, both of her parents are doctors in Washington D.C. She moved to Atlanta to study nursing at Spelman and she's been in the city ever since. Our values line up, in terms of what we expect from each other and how we wanna raise our kids. I love this woman wholeheartedly and I think this the one. I know I don't have the best track record but can a nigga get some points for trying?

Whatever me and Charm had goin on is done, I cut her ass off before I even left the hospital. Me and Khalil been in a weird place ever since he saw me and Charm in the bathroom together and Roc.. that mu'fucka playin' it cool but I could feel the tension whenever we in the same room.