• Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"Life is good"

'Some of us been through it all before, some of us do still come back for more' — Jhené Aiko

One year & eight months later...

Milan
————♕————

You are cordially invited to

The Fire & Ice Ball
Announcing the engagement of
Miss Kauner Giselle Wright
&
Mr. Julien Raphaël Moreau
Saturday, July 22
Rainbow room • Rockefeller Center
New York, NY 10112

The wind blew through my black satin robe as I stood on the balcony, sipping champagne and smiling at the invitation that a courier delivered fifteen minutes ago. I've known about Kauner and Jru's engagement for the past six weeks, Kauner has been keeping everything lowkey but her soon to be mother-in-law is a bit over the top.

Herein lies The Fire & Ice ball.

Glancing up, I took in the beautiful view of the city that never sleeps from my sixth floor NoHo apartment. Downing the rest of my champagne, I turned on the heel of my Bottega Veneta house slippers and made my way back inside the house.

"Babe! Look what just came for us." I announce, closing the glass door behind me as Trent emerges from the en-suite bathroom, wearing nothing but a white towel wrapped around his waist.

"What's that?"

I hand it to him, while admiring the way the water from his shower glistened against his smooth brown skin. "Here."

"Oh damn. Kauner's mean ass really getting married huh?" He asks, putting the invitation down on the dresser before grabbing me by the waist and pulling me against his body. "That's gon' be you soon, I promise. I'ma make an honest woman out of you Milan."

"Do you remember what I told you when we agreed to be in a relationship?" I ask Trent, looking up at his towering 6-foot-4 frame.

He smiled. "Yeah you said you missed this big dic—.."

"Un-uh, the other thing nigga." I tilt my head, rolling my eyes at him.

"Oh yeah, you said actions speak louder than words, and I hear you."

"And I meant that.." I clarify, easing out of his grip. "Now put on some clothes, the twins' dad will be here to pick them up in a minute. I'm not dressed so I need you to let him in."

"A'ight I got'chu baby." He assures me, kissing my forehead before disappearing into the walk-in closet to get dressed.

My man. My man. My man!

That's what you call a life update! In case you haven't had a chance to read the blogs lately, me and my first love made it official. Again. It shouldn't have taken me being engaged to another man and having his kids for Trent to realize what he was missing out on but I digress. That's neither here nor there. All that matters is everything we're building towards.