Chapter 7: You are my-

A/N: If you didn't read the special chapter because of the trigger warning, or if you just need a recap, here's what you need to know:

- Minho was born in a kill shelter. His mother was not adopted in time and was put down by the shelter, however Minho and one of his sisters were adopted together by a human family who neglected both themselves and the two hybrids. Minho's sister died from starvation/dehydration, but Minho  survived. He ran away afterwards because he believed that humans were evil.

- Minho lived as a stray in an alleyway near an outdoor marketplace which he stole from to survive. He later adopted a group of three kitten hybrids and two puppy hybrids who had been abandoned by humans. The three kittens he named SoonieDoongie, and Dori, and the golden retriever puppy he named Hwan while he named the husky puppy Chan. Chan was killed by a leopard hybrid who was part of a pack that attacked Minho and his family, causing them to be separated. Minho witnessed Chan's death.

- Minho was taken in by a human, his current owner, after he lost his will to live due to the trauma and the heartbreak of losing his adopted children. He met Yoonhyun  a few months after and began to suppress his trauma through them. He never actually healed or dealt with the trauma, so a series of triggers are about to set him off...

TW: Mild Violence causes Minho to sustain injuries (as seen in "The Little Things")

Minho's 3rd POV, 3 and 1/2 Weeks Earlier

"This is my territory, Channie," Minho said teasingly, freezing when he realized his mistake.

The wolf hybrid in front of him only glared at him with hard eyes. "Yeah, I don't think so. I- " He began, before seeming to realize what the cat hybrid before him had said. "Wait, what? Channie?"

Minho grinned proudly at him, hoping that the wolf couldn't hear his quick beating heart. "Yep. Channie. Chan. I declare thee Chan."

"That's lame," He heard you say, but he was already beginning to zone out of the conversation.

He'd been caught off guard at the sight of the wolf hybrid when he'd first walked through the door. No matter how much he thought about it, the wolf hybrid before him looked so much like the husky puppy hybrid that he'd taken in so long ago that Minho had nearly cried. Not only did he look similarly with his pointy ears and fluffy tail, but he acted like it, too. That familiar half-hearted aggression that deep down was rooted in fear, the way that he was otherwise quiet in spite of his breed's typical behavioral patterns - it had all but sent Minho back in time. He couldn't help but to immediately think to name the wolf Chan, after the husky pup he'd loved so dearly, but before he could tell you and the wolf that his new name was Chan, the affectionate nickname he'd often used in referring to the husky puppy had slipped off his tongue without his even realizing it.

It didn't help that Minho's mind had recently been consumed by thoughts of his past life on the streets. His owner had been acting even more passive than usual, and Minho would have been lying if he'd said that it didn't scare him a little. If his owner finally decided that he was tired of Minho, what would the cat hybrid do? It wasn't uncommon for humans to abandon their hybrids once they got bored of them. Could Minho handle the loss of food and a warm bed to sleep in all over again? Anxiety had been piling up in his heart and plaguing his mind for the past week or so now, and he often found himself dissociating at the strangest of times. In addition to his owner's odd behaviors, you had been acting strangely too, and it scared him.