Chp. 23

Bellflower felt the airship lightly bump against the docks that led to the edge of the Bowser's castle.  She took a deep breath as she felt the familiar and comforting feeling of the warm air fill her lungs. Bellflower looked around and savored the look of everything all over again. The random fires, the red and gray colors, the koopas, the sky, everything. Seeing it all again made her realize how underappreciated the Koopa Kingdom's looks are and reminded her just how much she missed it. 

"Come on, keep walking," Lugwig ordered as he shoved past her and made his way towards the castle. Morton who was following his older brother sent Bellflower and apologetic shoulder raise.  Bellflower waited for Roy and Iggy to get off before catching up with Ludwig.

"You do realize I'm older than you right?" Bellfower said with a knowing smile once she caught up to Ludwig. Ludwig didn't turn to her, he just kept on walking straight. 

"I do, I just don't care," he answered. Bellflower waved to the guards as they pasted them as they entered the large stone gates while Ludwig just ignored them. Bellflower was just about to say something when Ludwig beat her to it.

"And before you say that I'm 'bratty' or 'bossy', don't," Ludwig said harshly. This took Bellflower back a bit.

"I was never going to call you that. Where did you get that idea from? Is someone calling you that?" Bellflower asked concerned. This could be a sign that Ludwig is being bullied.

"Peach did," Ludwig stated before he had enough of the conversation. He quickly ran up a head and entered the main door, leaving Bellflower, Iggy, Morton, and Roy behind. This new information shocked Bellflower. Does Peach say things the Koopaling? Well, It wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world. After all, Peach does get kidnapped a lot, not to mention she and the Koopalings don't get along, so it's not surprising she would call them a names. But still, she's better than that. Peach shouldn't have been calling teens and kids names, but they were kidnapping her. Bellflower feels like she needs to straighten out her feelings about this situation.

She was quickly pulled back into reality once she was only a few feet from the front door that led to the throne room. Behind these large wooden doors is the being she has strong, sturdy feelings for, potentially even love. She didn't know why she felt so nervous and anxious, It's just Bowser. But yet again she hasn't seen him in about a month, maybe even longer and he is most likely mad about when she kissed him so that he can freeze up.

She took a deep breath and pushed open the double doors and was met with the familiar scenery and architecture. The red, grey, gold, and black colors all hit her like a wave of memories. Her eyes took in a quick scan of the throne room and everything seemed the same as before she left. The only thing that caught her eye is where the thrones were seated at.

Was that  second throne always there?

She quickly dismissed it, thinking that the smaller throne seated next to Bowser's throne was always there. I probably just never took notice of it. But something more important began to occupy her mind. Where is Bowser? He wasn't here, so where could he be? Sure, she knew that he wasn't obligated to be here once she arrived, but it was him that kidnapped her to be here, not her. Not to mention, Bellflower likes to think they're close enough to the point where he would at least welcome her once she arrives.

"Huh, that's weird. Dad isn't in here. He was supposed to be by the time we got back," Roy said as he scratched his head. Iggy and Morton nodded in agreement. Ludwig had already left them to go god knows where.

"We'll go get him!" Iggy yelled as he already began running towards one of the doors in the throne room. 

"Just stay here," Morton said as Roy and him followed Iggy. Eventually it was just Bellflower alone in the throne room with no one else other than a few koopa troopas and the sound of the flickering candles and of the torches. Within a few minutes, a crash could be heard coming from somewhere in the castle followed by loud thumping foot steps that were growing increasingly louder by the second. Now Bellflower was really getting nervous.