A hero falls

A blue hedgehog was running through a bright colourful area at a fast past and eventually gets a call from a friend of his.

Tails: sonic! Eggman's forces are surging into the city! We need you here now!
Sonic: hold on, tails! I'm on my way!
Tails: just be-
He gets cut off by what sounded like a explosion and this Immediately gets sonic worried about what just happened there.
Sonic: tails?...tails?! You there?!
Only static could be heard from the ear piece sadly to sonic. He reassured himself that tails is probably fine but he couldn't help but feel that he's hurt, so he dashes towards the path where the city is located.

Up ahead he sees some of eggmans forces (no pun intended) which doesn't really surprise him but he still questions it in his head but nonetheless he spin dashes them all out of his way, and soon enough he sees that some parts of this green hill area was turning into a desert area.
Sonic: there's sand everywhere! Guess green hill's looking like a lot like sand hill now.
He dashes through more robots in a flash and then he runs even quicker then before on a straight path with more robots yet again,
Sonic: man, this place is a wreck. Thanks, eggman. One of my favourite spots is all ruined.
After passing a curled wooden bridge he sees smoke up ahead and assumed that would be the city.

Sonic: this is it for green hill, so the city must be close. Hang in there tails...I'm coming

(Time skip)
Eggmans robots were marching up to a group of citizens with eggman in some sort of ship behind his bots watching from behind and a yellow two tailed fox in front of the helpless civilians in a fighting pose to protect them all from the bots and he had a bruise on his left arm which isn't concerning at all, then sonic comes in and destroys them all with his speed little did he know that eggman's got something up his sleeve.

Sonic: is everyone ok?
Tails: I was hit on the arm but we are ok. Thanks to you,
Sonic: well how bad is your arm?
Tails: not extremely bad.
Sonic: well at least your arm isn't that hurt. Anyway how about we call this game over for you eggman?
Eggman: it will be your game over, sonic. Behold the power of my ultimate masterpiece!
Sonic was about to spin dash eggman in his little ship but he was bashed away by someone, he lands back on the ground kinda confused until he sees...

 Behold the power of my ultimate masterpiece! Sonic was about to spin dash eggman in his little ship but he was bashed away by someone, he lands back on the ground kinda confused until he sees

Sonic: shadow! It's you?!
Then another familiar face drops down

Sonic: shadow! It's you?! Then another familiar face drops down