The Land Where a Hero Once Lived

Back at the hideout. Zabuza was fast asleep while Haku was up bright and early. He took note that the bed next to him was left completely untouched and he frowned with worry,"Where could she be?" he whispers as he looks out the window.

Y/n hadn't come home since yesterday night and he became increasingly worried since she has never been out that long. Though he shakes his head before tying his hair up,"I shouldn't worry. She's strong, I'm sure she's safe. She must've just... gotten distracted by something." he convinces himself, but still friend with worry.

.
..
...

"Ngh... Huh...?" y/n groans as her eyes flutter open with a hazy vision. She blinks a couple of times before she's met with a wooden roof and took in the feeling of warmth around her. She then remembers what happened last time and shoots up with a sharp gasp,"Oh no...!" she frets with worry, but groan in utter pain when she realized that she got attacked last night.

She lifts up her arms and saw that bandages littered her skin and she touches her head, feeling a cloth wrapped around it as well,[Who... Who brought me here?] as if hearing her thoughts, the door opens to reveal a painstakingly familiar silver haired ninja.

"Ah, you're awake." Kakashi hums and y/n's blood ran deathly cold,[Oh no! Oh no! They found me!] she fearfully thought as Kakashi took a seat in front of her frightened form,"It's okay, you're safe here. A couple of my students found you last night beaten and tied to a tree." he tells her softly, as if she were a frightened animal.

Surprisingly, y/n does relax a bit,"Do you remember what happened to you last night?" Kakashi asks and y/n swallows dryly with a meek nod,"I got attacked by some rogue ninja. I remember one of them saying it was Gato who ordered them to attack me." y/n explains as she fiddles with the covers, keeping her head down to avoid eye contact.

"Gato? Why would Gato send rogue ninja after you?" Kakashi asks with a narrowed eye and if there's one thing Zabuza taught y/n, is that she shouldn't avoid eye contact when being interrogated. It'll make her seem more guilty than anything else.

So with a deep breath y/n makes eye contact with Kakashi,"I don't know! I was just heading home and then suddenly they jumped me from outta nowhere. I tried to defend myself, but there were too many of them." she explains and bites her bottom lip out of nervousness.

"Pah, figures." the bridge builder suddenly made his presence known, a bowl in his hand,"Gato attacking an innocent child now? I wouldn't be surprised. That man is as pathetic as a pig." he spat as he places the bowl on y/n's lap.

She saw that it was some soup he had brought for her,"Oh, thank you." she says as she held the bowl gently,"Don't mention it. Just get some rest." the bridge builder ruffles her hair and y/n could feel a warm feeling spread throughout her being by just that single gesture.

"Oh, she's awake." Sakura enters the room with Sasuke and Naruto behind her,"Hey, you're awake! That's great!" Naruto cheers as he sits down right next to y/n,"We were super worried when we found you tied to that tree all roughed up! Such a relief to see you fine now." he grins at her and y/n was perplex by his kindness.

"How do you feel?" Sakura asks and y/n looks down at her soup,"Fine, I suppose." she answers before making eye contact with Sasuke, who held a pokerface. Though she was really focused on his eyes.

"...Pretty..." she mutters and this caught the Uchiha boy off guard,"What did you just say?" Sakura suddenly glares at the girl and y/n jolts in surprise, realizing she said that out loud,"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't even realize I said that out loud. He just has pretty eyes." she admits and Sakura could feel jealousy boil inside of her while Sasuke is baffled that somebody just complimented his eyes.