: chapter 2 : y/n :

School was as boring as ever, but luckily I had friends. I debated telling them about my encounter with Walker, but decided against it. I'd tell them once I found out some more about him. Luckily, I didn't run into him again.
     I got home at around 3:50 (you can change the time if you want), and went straight up to my room to do my homework. In english, we were supposed to write a story about a unique experience we've had. Great. I thought. I don't think I've ever had a unique experience in my life. I racked my brain for any possible idea. Then, someone knocked on the door. "Can I come in?" my mom asked.
    "Sure." She opened the door and sat on my bed. 
    "I saw what happened in the morning, who was that boy?" I don't think she was asking rudely, just curious because she probably hasn't seen him around either.
    "He's our new neighbor. His family is renting the house next door, and I think they probably moved in a couple days ago."
     My mom's eyes lit up. "New neighbors you say? Well, we have to get them a house warming gift of course!" I rolled my eyes again. I'd have to go over and talk to him? Dream come true. "Now come on, lets go bake them something so we don't show up empty handed."
     We ended up making brownies, one of my favorite treats. Shortly after, we made our way to their house. It seemed small but spacious, good for the reason that they were renting. My mom rang the doorbell, and a woman I presumed was Walker's mom opened the door. "Hi!" my mom said, "My child here, Y/N, mentioned that we had new neighbors and we wanted to bring a house warming gift. I'm (your mom's name) L/N, we live next door."
Walkers mom smiled, and said, "Thank you so much! I'm Heather Scobell, come on in." She lead us inside. Immediately, I noticed Walker sitting on the couch, looking at me expressionlessly. It made me nervous that I couldn't tell what he was thinking. Was it curiosity? Anger? Love? Luckily, his mom introduced us to him and interrupted my train of thought. "This is my son, Walker. He goes to the local junior high."
My mom beamed. "Y/N does too! Maybe they go to school together." Heather nodded in agreement, and my mom said, "Why don't you get to know eachother a bit?" I smiled to seem polite, but I shot my mom a look saying I'm not going to forgive you for this. Heather offered us something to drink, and I gladly accepted a glass over water. Walker led me over to a table and we sat down.
Several moments of awkward silence passed. There were pictures on the wall, of who I presumed were Walker and his siblings. He was the one to start the conversation. "So..."
    "So."
    "This morning was interesting."
     I chuckled. "Yeah, no doubt. Sorry for bumping into you, I was really late for school."
    "No worries. It was a good way to start the day."
     I felt my face flush. What'd he mean by that? Was he complimenting me, or making fun of me? I didn't have the nerve to ask, so instead I said, "Your mom mentioned that you go to the junior high. I don't know much about acting, but don't you do online school while you're filming?"
     He grimaced. "I wasn't supposed to say that, you know that right? Anyways, she's just using it as a cover. I'm sort of well known, so we don't want media swarming our yard and everywhere we go. But yes, you're right, we don't go to school in person while we film."
    "Oh. Cool. So, if you don't mind me asking, what are you guys filming?"
"It's a movie about two top of their class kids, and how they continuously try to be better than the other etc. In the end they fall in love. It's honestly kind of sweet. We haven't started filming yet, we just need someone to play my love interest. Do you know anybody who you could ask to audition?"
They're looking for someone huh? I've always been a little bit interested in beginning an acting career, so this might be a good opportunity. "I don't know anyone," I lied, "but I'll tell you if I do."
"That's okay. Wanna trade numbers just incase you think of someone?" I blushed again. I totally knew that it wasn't necessary, so was he asking because he might like me? I gave him my number anyways, and we talked a bit about his experience in acting.
"Y/N! Time to go home!" I got up, and we said our good byes to the Scobells. My mom and I headed home contently. I didn't know much about what I was gonna do then, but I did know one thing. I was determined to audition to be Walker's co-star.

A/N: sorry this took so long! I didn't know what to write, but i hope you enjoy this chapter. any suggestions for the next one? 🫶