12

12

Tamra

I woke up at midnight inside of Ben's bed, half-naked, tangled up into a weird embrace and a bit sweaty. As I cracked open one of my eyelids, I felt him move beside me. I instinctively extended my arm to reach his, but he stopped my move as his hand caught mine.

"You should probably leave," he uttered, after releasing my wrist from his hold.

I frowned; I couldn't discern any playfulness or light in his voice or expression. It felt as if he was once again pushing me away. Now what?

"W-why?" I inquired, bringing my torso up with my elbows so I could study his face. The sheer light from the lamppost penetrated from the window and feebly illuminated his features. He was beautiful. A beautiful jerk. His blue gaze was glistening in the dark, a stern feel emanating from them. He really wanted me gone.

He picked up an unfinished pack of cigarette and pulled one from it. He didn't light it, but he began twirling it around between his fingers. He knew this simple act was putting a barrier between us.

"Because I don't like you Tamra, never have, never will, and you should go before I might start to think you're catching feelings for someone like me," he replied, closing his eyes, as if it was actually hurting him to say this to me. But his lips broke into a sly smile and he added, "Go settle for Alex, you deserves someone like him."

I didn't react, my glare did the talking for me, almost burning him up. I slapped him across the face as a red mark formed itself onto his cheek. Oh, well another scar he'll be able to photograph and plaster over the walls of his room.

I grabbed the remainder of my clothes, quickly putting them on and slamming the door of his room shut.

I coudn't believe I gave in to him that easily, without thinking he could end up backstabbing me. And he did.

Maya was right. Faye was right. Heck even Ben himself was right. He was no good. He would end up crushing me. And he did.

Still, I didn't know what made me think a guy like Alex wouldn't.