(4) Pageant

At the Lockwood mansion, Caroline Forbes stands outside the house with her clipboard in hand

At the Lockwood mansion, Caroline Forbes stands outside the house with her clipboard in hand. Three girls walk towards her with flower arrangements.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop, stop!" The three girls come to a halt.

"Those flowers go in the back as indicated by the floral chart that you guys had plenty of time to memorize" the girls turn around and walk away. Caroline huffs in annoyance as she looks down at her clipboard again. Klaus walks up to her.

"Now how did I know I'd find you at the helm of the ship" Caroline looks up at him then back at her clipboard.

"Go away. I'm busy" Caroline didn't want to admit but she liked that he was here. Glad to know he was not focused on the werewolf bitch anymore and his attention was back on her.

"I was wondering what time I should pick you up tomorrow?" Caroline looks up from her clipboard again and at him.

"How about a quarter to never" she looks away again and klaus moves closer to her.

"I was promised a date in return for one of my hybrid" Truth is klaus wanted to ask someone else but he knew she would say no, plus it was kinda fun playing with Caroline like how she's using him. Of course klaus knew she was using him but he didn't say anything because he actually did like her. Not that much anymore but who cares. Right?

"Yes a date. Like to a movie where we don't have to talk and I can put at least three seats between us" Caroline finally turns around and looks at him with her full attention.

"Well, surely the reigning Mystic Falls won't be hosting the party alone . And I assume your not taking Tyler. Not after his indiscretions with the little wolf." Klaus looks up at her with puppy dog eyes. She slightly glares at him for calling the werewolf bitch that nickname. But she sighs.

"Fine. If you insist on coming, meet me her at 2 p.m" she starts to walk away. " Black tie optional" She quickly turns around and points at him. "And I already have a dress, so don't even think about getting me so much as a corsage, you understand" Klaus looks down submissively and nods. Caroline walks up the stairs.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Caroline." He says as he watches her retreating figure. Caroline smirks as she hears him say that.

_^_

In a abandoned barn, a hybrid named Kimberly is chained up in the barn. Zelena and Hayley stands nearby and watches her. Kimberly runs into the barn wall and breaks a few boards.

"Scream. Let it all out. We're at an abandoned farm. No one can hear you" Hayley tries to reassure her but Kimberly was not having it.

"Easy for you to say, wolf girl. You never turned twenty times in a row" Kimberly says out of breath as her bones break.

"No, but we watched a bunch of your hybrids do it." Zelena steps in as she winces at the sight of Kimberly falling to the ground yelling in pain. No matter how bitchy the hybrid was, Zelena didn't want a fellow wolf to got through with this. But she kept reminding herself that this is what she needed.