twenty seven | MATES, 2

DEREK HALE IMAGINES.
imagine twenty seven | mates, 2
SUMMARY; you begin to feel the painful affects of being separated from derek, and as it nears closer to the full moon, you have a hard time keeping yourself together
WARNINGS; domestic derek, wolfish derek, language, angst!, fluff, slight sexual moments, pure primal instincts

"i'm meant to love you unconditionally and take care of you."

___

___

YOU DIDN'T REALIZE HOW HARD IT ACTUALLY WOULD BE BEING APART FROM DEREK, UNTIL YOU GOT BACK TO YOUR APARTMENT. you thought you would be perfectly fine as you gathered yourself back together and processed everything that was happening to you. so you didn't necessarily expect to feel such vulnerability and emptiness over the course of the next few weeks of being away from him. the emptiness slowly turned into a dull aching pain, which then day by day made your entire body ache. it was getting to be quite brutal for you.

you hated this. you hated how all of this made you feel. your entire body craved to be close to derek. your heart was pushing you to make the right decision and go to him. but you were terrified of the unknown.

maybe you didn't really hate derek all this time. maybe you pretended to hate him so you could hide the way you really felt for him, and used his arrogance and power hungry side as an excuse. you always knew he wasn't a bad person and he just had bad things happen to him. you just wanted an excuse to hate him because you were terrified of letting yourself feel more for him.

now you're a werewolf, mates with him, and all of your senses were heightened. every emotion you felt was heightened to the brim, everything you were feeling seemed to be more intense than ever. you were still getting used to everything. you still often flinched when some of your senses were triggered. it was hard controlling yourself but with the help of scott, you were getting a bit better at handling your own.

you were incredibly thankful for scott helping you. except it was odd to let him help you instead of derek. it seemed like you were betraying him in some way. no matter what you did or try to do to get your mind off him, something was always creeping up right behind you and making you think of him. and it certainly didn't help you at all when scott made a point to mention how angry derek has been lately.

he's been constantly wolfing out, being way too harsh with his beta's making them turn to scott now, and ever going as far as trashing the place he took for sanctuary. it made you insanely worried about his well being. especially since you remembered his words when telling you how hard it is for mates to stay away from each other. and because he's an alpha, it was even harder for him to ignore his instincts.

"scott, i don't know what to do." you sighed, plopping down on the end of your bed and crossing your legs. "i mean this isn't something i ever wanted, and to be mates with him? i never asked for this."