Prologue

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

“Attention to all students in all years; please gather in the gymnasium immediately.“

“Attention to all students in all years; please gather in the gymnasium immedia…”

“Hm?“

I muttered, feeling my drowsiness immediately extinguish from the sudden announcement. Geez, I wonder what is it this time…

“Huh? All years?“

“That's strange…”

“What's so strange about it?“

“Why call all-years?“

While my classmates were in a state of stupor, a cold voice suddenly resounded beside me, snapping my attention away.

“Do you have any idea about any of this, Ayanokouji-kun?“

I turned my head to answer the voice belonging to my beautiful icy seatmate, Horikita Suzune.

“I'm not a seer, Horikita. How would I know why they are calling us?“

I shrugged.

“True…”

Horikita nodded, her expression strange.

I guess it turned into a habit for her to ask my opinion in any class related matter… I don't know if I should be touched or bothered by that.

Regardless…

“Well, if you want my thoughts on it… you should be on guard. Knowing the school, It might be another announcement of a special exam.“

Suddenly, before she could respond. Chabashira-sensei, who was unusually silent earlier, now opened her mouth.

“Alright, alright. Settle down, Class D.“ said Chabashira-sensei loudly, silencing the stupor of the students. “Go outside and form a line of two; one for the boys and another for the girls.“

Horikita closed her mouth while her brows were knitted together in a deep frown.

“Let's go, Horikita.“ I said, pushing my desk and standing up. “It seems like Chabashira-sensei also has no clue on what's happening.“

“Certainly..“ Horikita nodded, her expression unusually grim. “I don't know but I can't help but have a bad feeling about this…”

At her words, I stopped. I was the same—I felt that what was about to come would be related to me at the very least.

I wonder what you are planning… Tsukihiro.

I shook my head and forcefully buried down the premonition of dread within me and walked out of class.

***

Advanced Nurturing High School, Gymnasium.

After a while, we arrived at the gymnasium without problems and walked towards the seat aligned for our class.

Like what the announcement said, all students in all years were present within the large gymnasium. To separate the students orderly, the first years were seated in the far left, the second years in the middle, and the third years in the far right.

Glancing at the left, I couldn't help but notice Amasawa, who was waving at me cheekily. I also noticed Nanase and Hosen together.

Looking at our row, I could see Ryueen, Ichinose and Sakayanagi at their respective classes.

Perhaps both Ryueen and Sakayanagi noticed my gaze, but both of them suddenly glanced at me. I nodded in greeting.

Ryueen smirked, shaking his head.