vii. prediction

***
instagram

sophadiaz: always a pleasure, scotland 💙tagged: katherineadams and 4 others📍 Hampden Park, Glasgow

tagged: katherineadams and 4 others
📍 Hampden Park, Glasgow

liked by clarissaadiaz, pedri,
ferrantorres and others

***

Sophia wasn't unfamiliar with Estadio Olímpico de La Cartuja by any means. With it being situated in her home city of Sevilla, it was one of the local stadiums; there's been many an El Gran Derbi between Sevilla and Betis, alongside various Betis Copa Del Rey matches. This Sevilla-born girl was no stranger to the chosen Spanish venue for the Euros this tournament.

So, the final group stage matchday of the Euros, Sophia rocked up to the Hospitality Suite within the Olympic stadium, ready with her Spain jersey tucked into frayed grey jeans. It was rare in Spain to see anyone at this time of year even carry a jacket for safe keeping; the sun was blazing out today, which may give some fans watching difficulties inside the stadium, let alone the actual players.

"Soph, I'm gonna fuckin' melt out here," the slightly taller figure beside Sophia complained. It was her younger sister Clarissa, also decked in a Spain jersey, brown hair in french braids. Sira had gotten them both (and their little brother) the latest squad jerseys before the tournament began.

"You spend a few nights in Scotland and you're reset to Spanish weather just like that?" Sophia returns, giving a light chuckle. "I'm the same. Need me a cold drink inside."

"That is how it works, is it not?" says Clarissa. "Body de-acclimatisation or something?"

"Or something." Sophia checks her lanyard with her hospitality pass. The sun blared over the reflective lamination over the ID card, so she had to shade it. "We're over in that turnstile there. T35."

"Can't lie, I'm excited about this hospitality thing," says Clarissa. "Perks of being roommates with the Spain coaches' daughter."

Sophia and Clarissa had gotten off the plane from Edinburgh not even two hours ago. After witnessing Scotland play against Croatia the previous evening in Glasgow, they didn't think they'd be able to get back in time for the Spain game against Slovakia. Sira had reserved them two hospitality spots regardless, which they made their priority to attend today. After spending a few nights at their Uncle Andrew's in Glasgow, they got the bus to Edinburgh airport this morning and made it to Sevilla not long ago.

"Gracias," Sophia told the steward who scanned her and Clarissa's hospitality passes. The two Andalusian's, now inside the hospitality suite, crowded by people all around. This was specifically the suite dedicated to the families and friends of the Spanish national team. So, the only people Sophia could recognise were the two semi-complete families at the one (massive) table. A woman with near-black hair, a young boy and an older boy, an older girl and her mother.