ix. aviation

***
instagram

sophadiaz: new nails for 🇩🇰

liked by siramartinezc, clarissaadiaz,
giodelucaaa, pedri and others

***

Sira said she would be on time. She specifically told Sophia not to be late, to be at her dad's restaurant, ready and waiting.

Instead, it was the opposite.

Sophia was sat in the staff room at the back of her father's restaurant. Carlos, today's KP, was chopping vegetables in the kitchen and preparing meat for later on. He was the guy who let her in. And now she was watching the security cameras for any activity around the entrance, and it was nearing half past noon.

(Sira said she would be here at noon. She was late.)

Her backpack and small suitcase was resting beside the table. She wore taupe sports leggings, a baggy white t shirt and a knit cardigan. She was going on a plane. To Copenhagen. Two flights, because some idiot decided there shouldn't be a direct flight from a Spanish city to the Danish capital. So they had to stopover in Milan first, which is a nuisance. Anyways, she wanted to be comfortable.

Sighing, she realised Sira would probably be late for quite a bit longer. She was bored. The restaurant was closed, her dad wasn't in sight, and the only reason she came here is because it was closer to the airport than her house. Sophia would usually get her Nintendo Switch out and play Breath of the Wild however that was an endless black hole of time to suck herself into. Zelda action was for when she had the time to spare.

The next best thing: searching for the staff rota.

It was Monday. She'd be back from Copenhagen by Saturday, and she knew her haul of shifts would unload from then on. Her dad always makes the staff rota two weeks in advance, so she knew it would be lying somewhere here. In the heap of papers that needed to be sorted.

Her phone buzzes, and it's Katherine, and Sophia answers it as she's rifling through the piles of information on the desk in the staff room.

"Hey Soph!" greets Katherine's voice on the other end.

"Hola, hermana," Sophia returns. "How's things?"

"Things are good, but I didn't think you would pick up. Aren't you supposed to be going to Copenhagen today for the Spain game?"

Yes, she was supposed to be going to Copenhagen for the Spain game. Today was the plan, however Sophia didn't know if that was happening in this moment.