xvi. deprivation

***
instagram

sophadiaz: feliz cumpleaños, mi ángel 💙📍 Sevilla, Andalusia

📍 Sevilla, Andalusia

liked by ferrantorres, clarissaadiaz,
laporte, katherineadams and others

***

They were seated on those garden swing things, the long seat with the comfy mattress. It was still in the face of the party, however an outlier to its circumference. They could have a private gossip session without actually disappearing.

And so, Sophia told Sira everything.

Everything ranging on what happened the night Spain got knocked out of the Euros — because they hadn't had the chance to debrief much in the few days that remained in England. How she called him once the match ended, and he asked if she could come to his room. How they played Switch games for hours, before he asked her to stay the night. To stay with him.

Waking up with his arms still around her.

And then at the restaurant, when everyone was taking pictures at the bar, and Pedri's arm was so perfectly around her waist as Laporte took their picture.

When Pedri came upstairs to see her... and she kissed him.

And he kissed her back.

Sophia doesn't think Sira even registered being told also about their late night calls (for Sophia) while he was in Tokyo; Sira's jaw hung open in shock the moment she'd been told Sophia and Pedri kissed.

"That's you caught up," says Sophia.

Sira doesn't say anything

And then, in the loudest whisper ever: "You two kissed?"

"We did."

"Fuck me, man. I've missed so much. But also, finally. Please tell me you invited him here?"

"I did," Sophia chuckles. "He's a little late, but he's coming. Your turn. Tell me what happened between you and Ferran."

"Alright. Well... do you remember that party we were all at? After Spain qualified past the group stages?"

"I do."

"Me and Ferran danced for a while... he's a really good dancer... well, um..." Sira squints her eyes, not sure how to get it out. "We kind of hooked up?"

"How do you kind of hookup?"

"Okay it wasn't a kind of hookup. It was a definite hookup. I — we — wait, why aren't you shocked?"

Sophia lifts her mouth in retaliation, realising she's not the greatest actress. But also because there was no point in hiding it.

She can't help the laugh that escaped her when she said, "I know you guys hooked up."