ONE

AN: The final bits of Chroma will be up this weekend, but I've been working on this in between.

We have long haired Harry, and the 1D boys. ENJOY!

Harry's POV

I sat in the back of the bar with my flatmates Zayn, Louis and Liam. It was the night after coursework exams and nothing felt greater than unwinding with a cold glass of beer.

We had been waiting for our last flatmate Niall, my best mate of the bunch, to finally show up and a good hour had passed without a word from him.

"So who exactly is Niall introducing us to today? He's mentioned her a few times I think?" I asked, wiping the beer from my upper lip. I set my beer down and tied up my long hair, moving it out of my face.

"Mate, it's the girl he met in his English class. He's been seeing her for a bit now, completely smitten by her. Aren't you his best mate? Shouldn't you know this?" Zayn said, raising an eyebrow at me.

"We have completely opposite schedules this term. Haven't seen much of him." I shrugged.

"Well I met her in the library the other night. Cute brunette, brown eyes that look green when the light hits them. She's just Niall's type. Witty as hell, she's got a sense of humor on her. Reminds me of you Hazza!" Louis said, before sipping his beer.

"Niall keeps telling me that, said we have similar jokes and phrases, I'm one of a kind though mates, can't see how that's true." I chuckled and they rolled their eyes.

"Well, whatever Haz, the point is, she's a good fit for him and the group I think. She's got the funniest accent, she moved here from the states when she was young, then kept moving around, so she's got a bit of everything mixed in." Louis added.

"Well we are about to find out, cause there they are." Liam said, pointing over to the entrance.

We all turned and there came Niall holding someone's hand. From behind him we could see her hair and flared denim, her face hidden by his height. I turned to Liam and wiggled my eyebrows at him causing him to laugh.

"Hey guys!" We heard Niall say and we turned to him, my eyes instantly falling on her. Louis was right, she was exactly Niall's type. I couldn't help my chest as it tightened the moment our eyes locked and I quickly looked away.

"This is Mary Ann, Mary this is everyone! You've met Louis, this is Zayn, Liam and my best mate Harry."

I turned and smiled small at her, giving her a small wave.

"It's nice to meet you all." She said, an accent so unique flowing through her speech. Bits of Irish seemed stronger than the rest, my guess being the amount of time she had been spending with Niall.

"Your accent really is a mix ain't it?" Liam said and she chuckled.

"Yeah, tends to make me sound more and more like Niall here lately." She blushed slightly, looking at him with eyes of adoration that made me feel sick, "But really, I'm glad to finally put faces to the names. He tells me stories about all of yous all the time."

"Hopefully only good ones!" Zayn chimes in, causing us to laugh.

"Some bad, but those are the best." She chuckles, "So how about we do a round of whiskey, get the party going?"

"Niall, I like how this girl thinks!" Louis laughed as he walked over wrapping an arm around Niall.

"I know, she's a good one." Niall smiled at Mary, kissing her forehead softly, "Alright, we shall be back with those shots."

I took a deep breath, watching as they walked away.

We had been here for most of the night, the boys having a blast, all trying to entertain Mary to the best of their ability. I sat back watching, sipping on my beer and laughing at their antics. All of this instantly reminded me why these would be my mates for life.