TWO

Mary Ann's POV

"So you won't believe who I ran into yesterday." I said to my mom over the phone as I searched through my drawer for a pen.

"Who Annie?"

"Harry." I said sucking in air and holding my breath, my cheeks puffed up.

"Styles?" She said, a small chuckle followed.

I let out the air, "Yup, and guess what?"

"What?"

"He's Niall's best friend." I said finding the pen I was looking for and walking back over to the couch. I pulled my notebook back onto my lap, going over my English paper before I could begin typing it up.

She began laughing and I rolled my eyes, "Thanks mom, appreciate the support."

"I'm sorry sweetie, but there is so much irony behind all of this. Did you tell Niall? About Harry?"

"There is nothing to tell, and Harry agreed." I said, starting to proofread over our paper.

"Sweetie, the both of you have been tied at the hip since you were five years old. You basically were da—No mom, we were friends. That's all." I snapped and bit my lip.

"Okay, sorry sweetie. You're right, I overstepped. I'm happy you found Niall, Annie. Just remember a relationship should never be built on secrets."

I placed my pen down and bit my lip, laying my head back on my couch, "I know mom. Anyways, I have to finish my paper. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay sweetie, and call your dad please, he's miserable out there."

"I will mom, I love you."

"Love you too sweetie."

I hung up and bit my lip, getting up and walking to my room. I leaned on the doorway staring at the closet door. I took a deep breath making my way over. I pulled the step stool out from the bottom and stepped on it pushing boxes aside until I found the wooden one in the very back. I pulled it out and carried it over to my bed.

I ran my fingers over the top messy engravings.

A & H
Keep Out

Smiley faces and heart's surrounding it. I couldn't help but smile, as I opened it. I started pulling out old photos of Harry and I. Letters. Random notes. Tickets from movies we used to go to. I giggled as I looked through the photos. I put my fingers to my lips and shook my head, putting everything back. I laid back on my bed and took a deep breath closing my eyes.

How would I even talk to Niall about Harry? How would I even begin to explain to him everything about Harry and I? How could he handle knowing everything Harry and I went through together?

I shook my head and sat up. My mom was wrong. This was one secret that needed to be kept.

Harry's POV

"So are you and Blair still a thing?" Niall asked as I went over his mathematics, making sure he was doing everything right.

"Uh, kinda? She wants to keep things casual. So, she calls when she wants a good lay and I go along with it." I shrugged, handing him back his notes, "I fixed the errors, so just update your study guide and you will ace that test."

"Thanks mate. So uh, she would be opposed to a double date then?" He said, raising an eyebrow at me.

"With who? You and Ann..Mary Ann?" I said, clearing my throat.

"Yeah, I really want you to get to know her mate. It would mean a lot to me. She's special, and I just want you two to get along as well."

I pinched my lip, and ran my fingers through my hair, pulling the ends softly. I looked up at my best friend, and took a deep breath. I felt horrible lying to him, but it was obvious how much they both liked each other. I couldn't ruin that, I had to work through it. I had to support him.