SIX

Mary Ann's POV

"I got a 88 babe! I've never had that high of a mark in math. My professors always gave me a pity score of 70." I said to Niall on the phone, looking over my test.

"That's great babe, I got a 91, also my highest ever!" He said, and I laughed at how happy we both were over a math test.

"We should go out and celebrate!"

"Oh yeah? And what did you have in mind?"

I bit my lip, and then felt my eyes widen, "The cinema, with all the candies, some popcorn and a soda."

He chuckled, "What movie?"

"Any really, I just wanna go for the snacks." I giggled and I heard him laugh.

"Okay, we can do that. I can pick you up around five today? I feel tired, I wanna go home and rest a bit."

"That's fine baby, I'll look for a movie and buy the tickets online. You get to buy the snacks." I teased and he laughed.

"Deal. Bye baby."

"Bye Niall."

I hung up and looked at my test feeling really proud of myself. I bit my lip bringing my phone up to my chin, then pulled it back down starting a new message. If he still had the same number, it would be a miracle, but I had to try.

A: I got an 88! Thank you :)

I clicked send and took in a deep breath, before continuing my walk home.

Harry's POV

I sat on the couch playing video games with Liam and Zayn. We all yelled at each other and the tv and I started laughing when Zayn lost. As we waited for the next round to start my phone went off and I looked down seeing a text from Annie. I felt my heart drop into my stomach and I looked away, trying to ignore it.

I bit my lip as my phone let me know again I had a text and finally opened it.

A: I got an 88! Thank you :)

I couldn't help but smile at the text. I started writing out that I was proud, but then shook my head, erasing the text. I simply liked the text with a heart and locked my phone.

If I respond it opens the door for conversation. Conversation I knew I wouldn't be able to stop. I couldn't do that to Niall and I couldn't do that to myself.

I woke up from a nap later that day and made my way over to the bathroom. The door was locked and I could hear throwing up from the other side.

I knocked and called out, "Mate, you okay?"

"Yeah, fine, just need a minute." I heard Niall through the door.

I leaned against the wall until I heard the toilet flush, and he opened the door walking back over to the sink to brush his teeth. He looked red in the face and had sweat around his forehead.

"Mate, you're a mess! What'd you eat?"

"That's the thing, I haven't eaten anything. Felt like shit right after class, I was hoping a nap would help. I'm supposed to pick up Mary Ann in an hour." He said rinsing his face with water.

I walked into the bathroom and put my hand over his forehead, "Yeah mate, I don't think that's a good idea. I think you need to stay home. You're burning up."

"Ugh, she was so proud about her test. Wanted to take her out." He hung onto the counter looking disappointed.

"Niall, I'm sure the moment you call her, she'll be here in a second to take care of you. Here, I'll call her. We exchanged numbers in case she needed more help. Go to bed, I'll explain."