P R O L O G U E

Some people may find this story triggering or upsetting, if you find topics such as abuse, manipulation, toxic relationships, death, or any dark topics in general triggering, please switch tabs, drink some water, and watch some dancing cats! If you are fine with reading it, trek on!

"We are...struggling to say the least sir." The fox said, setting the papers on the desk in front of him. The clock ticked slowly, time dragging on, adding to the tension in the room. The room was dark, dimly lit due to the blinds being half shut, letting in partial amounts of sunlight. 

His boss sat there, an old snaggletooth wolf, his glowing yellow eyes stared down at the papers in front of him, his expression slowly growing more irritated as he read on. His teeth suddenly bared in a snarl as he smacked the table violently, creating a loud bang. "How did we let our stocks get this low?? We're practically bankrupt at this point!!!" He roared in fury, directing his anger towards the old fox sitting ahead of him.

The fox frowned, his ears flattening against his head in dismay. He truly did care about his boss, and he hated to see him angry. He was loyal to him no matter what, and he was sad that he couldn't provide good news for him. needless to say he was incredibly dissapointed in himself and his lack of being able to please the canine.

"I'm sorry sir. We need to find a new idea, a new product that people will for sure want to buy. A neccesity." The fox said, fiddling with his clip on tie as he averted his gaze. "What the hell do people want from us at this point? Would they like personal rocketships??" The old wolf growled, digging his claws into the table. 

"No sir. But surely there has to be something we can do." The fox said. "Well I don't see you coming up with any ideas." The wolf huffed, leaning back in his chair, arms crossed indignantly as he looked away as well. The fox thought for a moment, brainstorming, surely there had to be something he could do, thinking back on it, he did see a particularly odd news article about a murder that happened recently, the cause of it was quite odd to say the least, a feline, with almost nuclear powers slashed someone's throat, yet no one knew why.

"Sir, I may have an idea, but it may seem far-fetched." The fox said, grabbing the wolf's attention. "What do you suggest." He asked, raising an eyebrow at him, the corners of his mouth nearly curling up into a smirk, preparing to laugh at whatever the delusional fox would come up with, which filled the fox with determination, he wanted to prove to his boss that he wasn't useless, one way or another he would.

"I read the newspaper the other day, and recently there was a murder. Someone's throat was slit, causing their immediate death, but the murderer, was quite peculiar. They seemed to have unnatural powers, despite their small size." The fox explained, resting his paws on the table, clasping them together as the wolf's interest grew, encouraging the fox to keep going.

"The murderer, a feline of sorts. She seems young, perhaps we could use this to our advantage." He said. "We could maybe use her powers, sell them off somehow for a profit." The fox finished, the room was silent for a moment, before the wolf spoke. "Your idea intrigues me. But how do we know she won't kill us as well." He stated. "Well we can't just sneak up on her and snatch her up like prey. Perhaps we could form a bond with her, and take it from there. Maybe we could get her to help us willingly." The fox said, which sent the wolf into thought once more, a minute later, he snapped his finger, his mouth turned into a huge grin, showing off his fangs. "Leif, you are a genius, thank you for reminding me why I picked you as my right hand man!" 

He said, letting out a hearty laugh. Leif smiled, feeling relief once more. His boss didn't hate him after all, that's all that mattered to him. "I'll send my guards out at once to catch the girl, this should be a piece of cake." His boss said, going to grab his phone. "Wait! Aztec, sir- You can't just send your bodyguards after her, you'll spook her." Leif spoke up, causing the wolf to pause. "and what do you suggest." Aztec asked, narrowing his eyes at the fox.

"Maybe you could try finding her, and potentially become her friend. She seems lonely, and we could use this loneliness to our benefit. And plus, maybe it would help her as well." Leif suggested, his ears pricking up a little as he watched his boss's expression, he seemed annoyed, but defeated, what else was he supposed to do? Go bankrupt?

"Listen here. Im not here for friendship, only for a profit, but if it means my company won't fizzle out, I'll consider it." He said, letting out a low grumble. "Please do consider it." Leif added, causing Aztec to roll his eyes, before shooing him away with his paw. "Get me a coffee please, extra sugar." He said, Leif nodded, and got up from the chair and left the room. He was happy that he made his boss proud, perhaps this would work out after all.

(934 words) 

(Idk what to use as a story cover send help)