𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚.

"You truly are the light of his life, Viserra."

The morning finally arrived where Viserra would get ready for her own wedding. She always imagined that her father and mother would be by her side to help her when the time would come. Well more so hoped for her father, but without him, her mood was not as bright as it should be on such an occasion instead she had ladies and handmaids preparing her for the day. They helped her into a light blue lace dress with a long, layered, caped train with small aquamarines adorned all over the dress.

Just as they were working on her hair, Alicent entered the room, went over to Viserra's side, and placed a hand on her shoulder while she admired her. "May I?" Alicent gestured to the braid in the handmaid's hand as she asked her.

"Of course, My Queen," the maid bowed her head down, stepping away from Viserra and handing the braid to Alicent.

"You look beautiful, my sweet child," Alicent smiled while she finished off the braid before moving on to another. "I feel honored to have seen you grow into such a charming young lady over these past few years with you now approaching the age of 6 and 10."

Viserra felt heat rush into her cheeks as she struggled to look back at Alicent. "Thank you, Alicent, and I truly mean it from the bottom of my heart. I do not think you understand how much it means to me for you to be here with me after all this time and everything."

"I will always be by your side if you ever call for me," Alicent admitted to her. "I will never be able to repay you for that night, you changed fate for countless people. I am glad, Viserys came to his right mind in naming you, heir. I can not imagine anyone else who will lead our people better than you will."

"I will give my absolute best to them."

"As for Aegon, he is lucky to have someone like yourself to guide him in the right direction. I swear that boy would lose his mind without you by his side. Granted he already does if he cannot find you."

"I am lucky to have him as well," Viserra smiled warmly, thinking about the boy.

"You would think that a boy of 9 and 10 would be able to tell his left from the right foot, but not with Aegon," Alicent laughed lightly.

"He is a work in progress, I must admit," Viserra giggled.

"Are we talking about Aegon?" Princess Rhaenys joined in the conversation as she entered the room.

"Who else would we be talking about?" Viserra joked which caused the two older women in the room to laugh.

"I will leave you two be," Alicent smiled, giving Viserra's shoulders a light squeeze. "I have to go make sure Aegon is not leading Viserys up a wall before the ceremony even starts, oh that boy."

"Tell him only a couple more hours," Viserra added.

"You know that boy has no patience," Alicent gave a knowing look before heading towards the doors.