𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩.

"Remember this family is our legacy, but you are its savior."

Viserra woke up intertwined in Aegon's tight embrace and soft snores with the sun peeking through their windows. She brought her hand up towards his face to brush off fallen hair. She lazily admired Aegon's features for a while before deciding to get started with her day and attempted to untangle herself from his grasp.

"W-wait. Wait, where do you think you are off to?" Ageon groaned as he rubbed the sleep off his eyes and adjusted to the light in the room.

As Viserra wrapped a silk robe around herself, she turned back to him and said, "It is a beautiful day, Husband. It would be a waste to spend it inside."

At her words, a smile was brought on his face and he sat up from his position in their bed. "Husband... It is nice to hear you say that, my beautiful wife" he admitted.

"You are going to hear it all the time now," she went over to him and pressed a light kiss against his lips. When she went to pull back from the kiss, Aegon brought his hand under her chin to pull her back in. "I am going to be late, Aegon..." she mumbled against his lips.

"Meet me later, I will be out with Sunfyre."

¯'*•.¸,¤°'✿.。.:.:*:☆:*:.:.。.✿'°¤,¸.•*'¯

Viserra spent the following morning on the garden grounds for a stroll before she saw a glimpse of her grandfather trudging through the area. She approached his side and paced herself slowly as she walked beside him while guiding them to a place to sit down. "You know your mother was not always the way she is now," Viserys brought up. "When she was younger, she had the same kindness and compassion you hold today. I suppose it is my fault."

"Your fault?" Viserra enquired with confusion written across her face for why Viserys was bringing this subject up now. She could have never imagined how it would be her grandfather's fault for how Rhaenyra was now. "I am afraid I do not understand, Grandfather."

They took a seat on a bench beneath one of the many tapestries, Alicent has slowly placed throughout the Keep. "I pushed her too far too soon. I wanted a son. My poor Aemma went through many tragedies because of me. When I finally got my wish, Rhaenyra lost her mother and brother on the same day. I was not there for her to grieve or give her consolation properly for I was not aware how to."

"Queen Aemma?"

"Yes, My darling Aemma. She would have loved you. When she died, she took a part of me with her. I realized on that day how I spent more time dreaming of what could be. I never appreciated what was right in front of my eyes. I should have considered Rhaenyra more when she was younger," Viserys admitted somberly. "She lost her mother and then was immediately crowned heir right after. It did not help that I chose Alicent to be my next wife either; she lost her closest confidante due to me. She fell right into Daemon's clutch from them."

Viserra was at a loss for words with countless what-ifs surrounding her thoughts. "What was she like before?"

"She was fierce, efficient, and lacked patience which led to her impulsiveness, but more importantly she had ambition some men wish for. I pushed her too far when she was forced to marry your father," he explained to her in reminiscing.