Chapter 3: The Fateful Engagement

As Liliane settled into her new life as the villainess, she couldn't help but feel a sense of dread. She had always loved the heroines in the stories she read, and now she was on the other side, trying to drive the male lead and the heroine apart.

She tried to push these thoughts aside, knowing that she had a job to do. She was the fiance of Athesis, the crown prince, and it was her duty to make sure that he was happy.

Liliane knew that Athesis was in love with Rose, the kind and gentle princess. But she also knew that she couldn't let that happen. She was obsessed with Athesis and would do anything to keep him by her side.

As she began her duties as the villainess, Liliane found herself coming up with all sorts of schemes and plots to try and drive Athesis and Rose apart. She spread rumors about Rose, tried to undermine her at every turn, and even tried to sabotage her relationship with Athesis.

But no matter what she did, it seemed like Athesis and Rose were always one step ahead. They were always able to see through her schemes and outmaneuver her.

Liliane couldn't understand why this was happening. She was the villainess, the most powerful woman in the kingdom. She shouldn't be having this much trouble.

As she continued to try and drive Athesis and Rose apart, Liliane found herself attracting the attention of the other male leads in the story: Lucas, the magician of the black tower; Carlo, the knight; Kiel, the duke; and Claude, the step brother of Liliane and the second prince.

But whenever they approached her, something always happened that made them not approach her again. Liliane couldn't understand why this was happening, but she was grateful for it. She had no interest in any of the male leads, and the last thing she wanted was to get involved with them.

As she navigated her new role as the villainess, Liliane found herself struggling with her feelings for Athesis and her duty to him. She didn't want to hurt anyone, but she also didn't want to lose her chance at love.

She knew that she had to find a way to balance these conflicting desires, but she had no idea how to do it. She just hoped that somehow, everything would work out in the end.

To be continued

Word count:403