Chapter 4 - Nurse (SA)

Akito POV

Where am I?

Ohhh . . . . these walls looked familiar.

He'd been there many times before, for various reasons.

Mostly he came so steal bandages for his wounds whenever *a**** beat the crap out of him again.

Why was it always him?

Why did they have to pick him?

Why did they only take it out on Akito?

Akito turned his head toward the window, only to see that Toya was there, sleeping on a chair.

Wait . . . . if Akito didn't remember coming here . . . . how did—

A thousand things popped into his head, but he ignored them all.

A pretty girl about his age with her shiny deep violet hair pulled into a bun hovered over Akito.

"Good morning, I am your nurse's assistant. Tell me how you feel so I can write your symptoms on the report."
She held up a clipboard, pen poised to take notes.

"Aa-"

"Sir, you are going to have to be much clearer than that. The record needs to touch on the the full extent of your condition. Please, take your time and describe how you are feeling to best of your ability."

"A-Asahina Mafuyu-senpai?"

Mafuyu, ever the emotionless child, barely showed any signs of being surprised at Akito's recognizing who she was.

"Yes. That is my name. Please continue." she said bluntly.

Akito stared at her for a second before remembering himself.

"I have a headache. My chest hurts."

"Left, right, or center?"

"Center." The pen made angry scratching noises as Mafuyu noted that down. Who knew you could write so aggressively, gee.

"How did you feel when you fainted?"

"I fainted?"

For a split second, Mafuyu gave him a withering look that seemed to say "yes, you dumbass,".

Then her face lapsed back into a 'pleasant' smile—one that Akito had become very accustomed to during the rare occasions he and Mafuyu were in the same room.

After all, she was a year his senior.

"Yes, Aoyagi-san already completed his questions for the report. Now, is there anything else?"

Akito shook his head, the winced from the pain in his neck. "Are you in any pain?"

"No."

"Have you been ill in the past few days or have a chronic illness that we should be aware about?"

He said no.

"Who's your family doctor?"

"(Y/n) (S/n)."  ye asiannn lmfao

Mafuyu disappeared into the back before returning with a bottle of strawberry banana milk from the fridge. "Drink this.  You'll need the sugar."

A little reluctant, Akito accepted the bottle and took a tentative sip.

Mafuyu watched him drink it, but Akito didn't really find it creepy or it uncomfortable.

She disappeared once more, but returned empty-handed this time.

"Dr. Mochizuki says that you should be good to go, as long as you rest for the next few days, you should be okay. If you experience any dizziness or lingering effects, please don't hesitate to pay us a visit at whatever time is convenient for you.

Make sure to not take any over the counter medicine in the next few days, as they might tire out your already exhausted body and lead to a higher chance of experiencing side effects.

Have a good night's rest this evening and take care."

"Wow, you make a very professional nurse."

Mafuyu smiled at him.

The smile felt different than any other smile that Akito had ever seen gracing Asahina senpai's face.

"Thank you." her smile disappeared and she left.

It was strange lying on a cot by himself with a sleeping boy next to him, but Akito didn't really mind.

Toya suddenly shifted in his chair, his eyes fluttering open.

"Akito . . . you're awake . . The nurse said you were okay, right?"

Sure, the nurse' assistant said he was fine.

Akito didn't feel fine.

Words: 629