Chapter - 21

We finished our breakfast and Gabriel dropped me at my place so that I could get ready for the last day of the competition, after I thanked him for everything he did

Luckily my parents weren't home so I used my copy of key to get into the house. And I'm glad for their absence because I have no clue how I would've faced them, there is no doubt mom might have noticed the sour mood and distress, I am in.

I enter my room and get ready for school, keeping my sports outfit in my bag. While wearing my watch and ring, I notice a note kept on my table in mum's handwriting.

I pick it up and read, "My beautiful Ahana, we are sorry for not being able to wish you luck for today, in person. But we pray and wish for your win in today's race with all our hearts. With love, mum and dad."

I even come to realise that there is a text from Ava, wishing me all the luck and sending love.

The love in the note and the message makes me cry and I am glad there is no one to witness the breakdown and how weak I am.

After collecting myself, I promise to try and win the race today for my parents and Ava. And so, I lock up and leave for school.

*****

I stroll my way to the race track after giving myself the very necessary pep talk. I haven't seen any of my friends yet, neither Gabriel nor that dirt bag Cameron, which is honestly more than fine by me. I just have to get through this day.

When I reach the bleachers, I do find all my friends there waiting for me.

"Hey Ahana.", says everyone and "Hey pretty face.", is Liam's greeting obviously.

"Hi", I reply as I reach up to them with a little hand wave.

"Don't worry pretty face. You're gonna rock the world and win this race.", encourages Liam resting his hand on my shoulders, which I find adorable as if it's become our thing. But unintentionally, I flinch and he notices that so, he asks me, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, absolutely. I am...I am fine.", I lie and hope that they don't question me further. And I am glad when they don't.

Even though I know that nothing actually happened. I am still repulsed by the idea of someone suddenly touching me.

"Yes, for once Liam's right. You're gonna crush it.", are Kylie's words. And as she says those, Liam gives a mock punch to her arm, laughing.

"Heyy haha".

"What...it's true. You're rarely ever right.", Kylie teases him

"Shut it you two. Good luck, Ahana. You are going to be great on the track.", Sierra says while clapping her hands a little.

"Good luck, Ahana.", even Fernando wishes me.

"Thank you so much you guys. You have no clue how much I needed this.", I say getting a little emotional from everything weighing on me.